By Dennis J. BernsteinThe late Cesar Chavez, who founded the United Farm Workers 50 years ago, was an extraordinary human being. His commitment to gain recognition for farm workers of California and across the United States was unstoppable. He worked tirelessly to get them key worker protections.With his various acts of civil disobedience, and long fasts, risking death, Chavez has often been compared to legendary figures such as Mahatma Gandhi and Martin Luther King Jr.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- 4thWorldRadyo: AmerIndians & Africans Navigating The Orwellian Zone: ow.ly/C7L5X / ow.ly/C7L5Z 1 hour ago
- #Ferguson Charging A Whopping $135 An Hour For #MichaelBrown Files ow.ly/C7HEG #CoverUp #Justice 1 hour ago
- Ferguson Unrest Continues as Police Accused of Incitement & Michael Brown’s Killer Remains Free | Democracy No... ow.ly/2OrDgy 2 hours ago
- Ferguson Unrest Continues as Police Accused of Incitement & Michael Brown’s Killer Remains Free | Democracy No... ow.ly/2OrDgx 2 hours ago
- Michael Ahrihron Delisle: No racism, no hate, in Kahnawake | National Post ow.ly/2OrDgw 2 hours ago