By Dennis J. BernsteinThe late Cesar Chavez, who founded the United Farm Workers 50 years ago, was an extraordinary human being. His commitment to gain recognition for farm workers of California and across the United States was unstoppable. He worked tirelessly to get them key worker protections.With his various acts of civil disobedience, and long fasts, risking death, Chavez has often been compared to legendary figures such as Mahatma Gandhi and Martin Luther King Jr.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Saudi extremist funding ‘has been stopped completely,’ claims Prince Alwaleed
- Loyalists planned killings before and after ceasefire – Irish Republican News – Sat, Oct 18, 2014
- MH-17: THE UNTOLD STORY
- Are New Zealand MP’s Bullied Into Rubber Stamping War?
- Demonstrate against Canadian participation in the 3rd Iraq war SATURDAY Oct. 25 2:30 PM, US CONSULATE, Toronto
- Athens: Fascist bashed in Exarchia - Contra Info #AntiFa - Athens: Fascist bashed in Exarchia - Contra Info: On Mo... ow.ly/2PwO9B 5 hours ago
- McConaughey blitzed, defended for views on 'Redskins' - CNN.com ow.ly/2PwO9D 5 hours ago
- 14 Facts about Torture in Mexico | Amnesty International USA ow.ly/2PwO9C 5 hours ago
- Let’s just point out the stupidity in this: why would Blue come... ow.ly/2PwM0l 5 hours ago
- DNA of Indigenous Women Protects Hispanic Women in US from Breast Cancer | News | teleSUR ow.ly/2PwFS3 6 hours ago