By Dennis J. BernsteinThe late Cesar Chavez, who founded the United Farm Workers 50 years ago, was an extraordinary human being. His commitment to gain recognition for farm workers of California and across the United States was unstoppable. He worked tirelessly to get them key worker protections.With his various acts of civil disobedience, and long fasts, risking death, Chavez has often been compared to legendary figures such as Mahatma Gandhi and Martin Luther King Jr.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- What to know about federally run schools for Native American children | Star Tribune ow.ly/2PsLAP 6 hours ago
- Sidestepping Ukraine’s ‘N-Word’ for Nazi | Consortiumnews - Sidestepping Ukraine’s ‘N-Word’ for Nazi | Consortiumn... ow.ly/2PsLAQ 6 hours ago
- Ramon Prison raided by Israeli Forces - 53.7% of Palestinian Detainees suffer from Cancer | nsnbc international ow.ly/2PsDh7 7 hours ago
- Mozambique's Frelimo and Nyusi lead Poll for October 28 Parliamentary and Presidential Election | nsnbc internatio... ow.ly/2PsDh9 7 hours ago
- US airdrops arms to Kurds in Syrian town of Kobani - SFGate - US airdrops arms to Kurds in Syrian town of Kobani -... ow.ly/2PsDh8 7 hours ago