Five former New Orleans police officers who shot six unarmed civilians, two fatally, on a bridge in the wake of Hurricane Katrina have been jailed.The prison terms range from six to 65 years for the shootings on the Danziger Bridge in September 2005.Four of the officers were found guilty of firearms offences and the fifth was jailed for helping the cover-up.The officers planted a gun and fabricated witnesses and false reports to make the shootings appear justified.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- MH-17: THE UNTOLD STORY
- Are New Zealand MP’s Bullied Into Rubber Stamping War?
- Demonstrate against Canadian participation in the 3rd Iraq war SATURDAY Oct. 25 2:30 PM, US CONSULATE, Toronto
- Shale gas protester admits assaulting RCMP officer in Rexton
- Cuban medical brigade in Sierre Leone: Against Ebola, we shall overcome!!
- Photo: Let’s just point out the stupidity in this: why would Blue come into this world looking racially... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1TpGdDe 27 minutes ago
- Photo: daughterofzami: Today, on October 22, the Nat’l Day of Action Against Police Brutality, people... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1TpGY02 27 minutes ago
- Photo: leliathegreat: samejayanotherday: realest said the same yesterday. tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1TpFH20 31 minutes ago
- Ebola Fears Turn Into an Epidemic of Racism and Hysteria - The Intercept - Thus far, there have been just... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1TpFC8f 31 minutes ago
- Photo: rtamerica: Protest against police brutality invades NYC’s Times Square Under the rainy skies of New... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1TpF97D 32 minutes ago