Five former New Orleans police officers who shot six unarmed civilians, two fatally, on a bridge in the wake of Hurricane Katrina have been jailed.The prison terms range from six to 65 years for the shootings on the Danziger Bridge in September 2005.Four of the officers were found guilty of firearms offences and the fifth was jailed for helping the cover-up.The officers planted a gun and fabricated witnesses and false reports to make the shootings appear justified.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Suspicions Run Deep in Iraq and Elsewhere That C.I.A. and the Islamic State Are United | CLG News
- Article: Important victory in case of Ray McGovern’s brutal arrest | OpEdNews
- In America the ‘Terrorists’ All Too Often Are the Police » CounterPunch: Tells the Facts, Names the Names
- ANTIFA 2014 Internationale
- Detention of French Journalists in West Papua Raised at UN
- St. Louis Police Academy Promotes ‘Highly Entertaining’ Course On Michael Brown Shooting | ThinkProgress ow.ly/2NSizy 5 hours ago
- BELLACIAO - Australian state terrorism - 1 million preventable Australian deaths since 9-11 - Dr Gideon Polya ow.ly/2NS8cW 7 hours ago
- First Nations groups blast tour guide for opening burial boxes and revealing ancestors’ skeletal remains | Nat... ow.ly/2NS8cV 7 hours ago
- "A photo surfaced earlier this year on the Internet of Tom Sewid of Aboriginal Adventures Canada..." ow.ly/2NS7iR 7 hours ago
- The Mismeasures Of Revisionist #Afrocentrism ow.ly/BKsBR #AntiFa #Fascism #Propaganda #Conservatives #FarRight 7 hours ago