Five former New Orleans police officers who shot six unarmed civilians, two fatally, on a bridge in the wake of Hurricane Katrina have been jailed.The prison terms range from six to 65 years for the shootings on the Danziger Bridge in September 2005.Four of the officers were found guilty of firearms offences and the fifth was jailed for helping the cover-up.The officers planted a gun and fabricated witnesses and false reports to make the shootings appear justified.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- BBC Now Admits Armed Nazis Led “Revolution” in Kiev, Ukraine
- Why are Nazi & Confederate flags on display in Kiev?
- PressTV – ‘Blackwater’ members in Ukraine’s Donetsk
- Are ‘Blackwater’ now active in Ukraine? Videos spark talk that U.S. mercenary outfit has been deployed to Donetsk | Mail Online
- “Democratization” and Anti-Semitism in #Ukraine: When Neo-Nazi Symbols become “The New Normal” | Global Research
- APNS Novaĵagentejo ow.ly/uoJrr -- La Internacia Novaĵtelegrafo 28 minutes ago
- Video: Neo-Nazi threat in new Ukraine: NEWSNIGHT (by BBC Newsnight) — BBC Newsnight’s Gabriel Gatehouse... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw19f5-dk 1 hour ago
- How One Woman Is Fighting for Rights for Indigenous Women in Brazil | Care2 Causes ow.ly/2EylKc 1 hour ago
- Video: Крестик оденьте! (by Oleksiy Radynski) — Кельтський хрест в окупованій КМДА / Celtic cross in an... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw19ejjif 2 hours ago
- "I am currently undergoing a phase of collective learning as a young Xavante woman with experience in..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw19egtCN 2 hours ago