Five former New Orleans police officers who shot six unarmed civilians, two fatally, on a bridge in the wake of Hurricane Katrina have been jailed.The prison terms range from six to 65 years for the shootings on the Danziger Bridge in September 2005.Four of the officers were found guilty of firearms offences and the fifth was jailed for helping the cover-up.The officers planted a gun and fabricated witnesses and false reports to make the shootings appear justified.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Malaysia’s Opposition Leader Anwar Ibrahim Awaits Sodomy Appeal Verdict
- Mum Shoplifted To Feed Family After ESA Stopped
- The thuggification of young black victims of white violence: Is thug the new n—-r?
- Verdacht auf Selbstjustiz – Hildburghäuser sollen Rumänen gejagt haben
- Israeli Occupation Forces Don’t See Palestinian People as People, Children as Children
- Proteste gegen NPD in Wattenscheid angekündigt | Ruhrbarone - Proteste gegen NPD in Wattenscheid angek�ndigt | Ruh... ow.ly/2PDmZZ 2 hours ago
- #LeonardPeltier 2 hours ago
- On the Streets of America: Human Rights Abuses in Ferguson | Amnesty International USA ow.ly/2PDn00 2 hours ago
- Guns in senior portraits OK if done tastefully, Nebraska school board says ow.ly/2PDltj 2 hours ago
- Guns in senior portraits OK if done tastefully, Nebraska school board says - kohenari: Given everything... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1TxI4Vg 3 hours ago