Five former New Orleans police officers who shot six unarmed civilians, two fatally, on a bridge in the wake of Hurricane Katrina have been jailed.The prison terms range from six to 65 years for the shootings on the Danziger Bridge in September 2005.Four of the officers were found guilty of firearms offences and the fifth was jailed for helping the cover-up.The officers planted a gun and fabricated witnesses and false reports to make the shootings appear justified.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Video: disciplesofmalcolm: Malcolm X on Front Page Challenge, January 5, 1965 Excerpts: "I think that the... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1S4vQMn 1 hour ago
- Video: disciplesofmalcolm: Malcolm X, Oxford Union Debate, December 3, 1964 Excerpt: “And in my opinion,... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1S4ukdy 1 hour ago
- Photoset: prayistrash: I went to the Indian food store today with my mom and I stumbled upon these, among a... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1S4uf28 1 hour ago
- Photo: izanzanwin: My thoughts exactly on the Redskins Daily Show segment as well as just Native Mascotry... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1S4u4tr 1 hour ago
- Photoset: haitianhistory: What is perhaps the most important work on the Haitian revolution to date? The... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1S4sjOn 1 hour ago