Five former New Orleans police officers who shot six unarmed civilians, two fatally, on a bridge in the wake of Hurricane Katrina have been jailed.The prison terms range from six to 65 years for the shootings on the Danziger Bridge in September 2005.Four of the officers were found guilty of firearms offences and the fifth was jailed for helping the cover-up.The officers planted a gun and fabricated witnesses and false reports to make the shootings appear justified.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan newswire of the Aboriginal News Group.
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation and genocide.
- How the US Turned Three Pacifists Into ‘Multiple Felony Saboteurs’ | Alternet
- Rush Limbaugh Opens 2012 With More Race-Baiting Attacks | Research | Media Matters for America
- US government targeted Fox News reporter as ‘co-conspirator’ in spying case | World news | guardian.co.uk
- Is Nestle Involved in Murder Of Columbian Union Leader? | Alternet
- Pacific Politics » Political news and analysis brought to you by the Pacific Institute of Public Policy » The long walk to freedom
- "This trade route was already very active a very long time ago, and this may [be] evidence of that..." ow.ly/2x21xI 1 hour ago
- "The sensational claims are due to be made to Justice Peter Smithwick’s Dublin tribunal of inquiry into..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAwlUHi96 2 hours ago
- Guatemala Court Annuls Rios Montt Genocide Conviction - Dem Underground | APNS Int. - Guatemala Court Annuls... tmblr.co/Zu0CAwlUHQ5t 2 hours ago
- "This trade route was already very active a very long time ago, and this may [be] evidence of that early..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAwlSVqu4 9 hours ago
- "The tour guide warned of the dangers of going to a park in the Bronx, and also gave inaccurate..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAwlSI2vu 9 hours ago