Five former New Orleans police officers who shot six unarmed civilians, two fatally, on a bridge in the wake of Hurricane Katrina have been jailed.The prison terms range from six to 65 years for the shootings on the Danziger Bridge in September 2005.Four of the officers were found guilty of firearms offences and the fifth was jailed for helping the cover-up.The officers planted a gun and fabricated witnesses and false reports to make the shootings appear justified.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- "NEW YORK, August 20, 2014 – Today, after evaluating the United States Attorney for the District of..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1O-ygpR 23 minutes ago
- "The Costa Rican government will investigate undercover US programmes operated from the Central..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1O-xBS9 28 minutes ago
- "In April, activists formally challenged the Supreme Court ruling, which overturned an earlier Delhi..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1O-vk5i 33 minutes ago
- "Other Palestinians, including a doctor, even offered advice via Twitter to the protesters in..." ow.ly/2Mf1JT 18 hours ago
- ""This parade through the mainly nationalist village of Rasharkin breached Parades Commission rulings..." ow.ly/2MeTYI 19 hours ago