Five former New Orleans police officers who shot six unarmed civilians, two fatally, on a bridge in the wake of Hurricane Katrina have been jailed.The prison terms range from six to 65 years for the shootings on the Danziger Bridge in September 2005.Four of the officers were found guilty of firearms offences and the fifth was jailed for helping the cover-up.The officers planted a gun and fabricated witnesses and false reports to make the shootings appear justified.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- Swiss clocks tick past banks’ deadline to disclose hidden assets to US — RT Business
- Drone Survivors Speak at Congressional Briefing Called by Rep. Grayson – YouTube
- Fox News paid fired executive $8 Million to keep quiet about the network | FreakOutNation
- Elsipogtog woman claims she faced RCMP intimidation over plans to file complaint | APTN National NewsAPTN National News
- Antigua And Barbuda Observes CARICOM-Cuba Day 2013
- 4thWorldRadyo: Remembering #Mandela in an Age of Neoliberal Imperialism & Colonial Violence ow.ly/rC5R6 / ow.ly/rC5SM 7 hours ago
- Video: CNN coverage of Congressional briefing for drone strike survivors (by bravenewfoundation) — CNN... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw10o3l7j 7 hours ago
- Video: Sometimes Cops Find Your Stolen Car. Sometimes Cops Stole It. (by bravenewfoundation) tmblr.co/Zu0CAw10o3MN1 7 hours ago
- Photo: fuckyeahmarxismleninism: Let us honor the memory of Nelson Mandela as part of a collective struggle.... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw10o1W6f 7 hours ago
- Photo: descentintotyranny: Obama Faces Backlash Over New Corporate Powers In Secret Trade Deal Dec. 8 2013... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw10o13Ab 7 hours ago