By James K. Sanborn – Staff writerPosted : Wednesday Apr 18, 2012 15:36:36 EDTThe Marine Corps school that produces infantry combat officers will enroll its first-ever female students this year, Marine Corps Times has learned.As part of the service’s extensive research campaign to determine what additional jobs could be opened to women, an undetermined number of volunteers will attend the Infantry Officers Course in Quantico, Va., said Gen. Joseph Dunford, the Corps’ assistant commandant. There, Marine officers are groomed to serve in direct combat roles and lead troops into battle.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan newswire of the Aboriginal News Group.
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation and genocide.
- Joyner: Timothy McVeigh Was ‘Left-Wing’; Media Number One Terrorist Organization In The World | Right Wing Watch
- Report into Operation Eight finds Police acted unlawfully | Scoop News
- Federal Appeals Court: Drug Sentencing Disparity Is Intentional Racial ‘Subjugation’ | ThinkProgress
- suicide rate increases in Greece
- Ex-AIPAC Lobbyist Now Taxpayer Funded "Anti-Semitism Envoy" at State Department!
- "Ghatheyya Mifleh al-Khawalda was 15 years old when she fled her home during the Nakba of 1948. Now..." ow.ly/2x3NeP 1 hour ago
- HAITI: Massive March Signals Resurrection of Aristide’s Lavalas Movement | Global Research ow.ly/2x3NeO 1 hour ago
- Native Affairs - MEDIA STATEMENT Te Ururoa Flavell MP for... ow.ly/2x3KQw 2 hours ago
- "Ghatheyya Mifleh al-Khawalda was 15 years old when she fled her home during the Nakba of 1948. Now 80,..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAwlYZWLu 2 hours ago
- "Around 200 people hurled rocks at police and set cars ablaze in a Stockholm suburb during the second..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAwlYYx1h 2 hours ago