By James K. Sanborn – Staff writerPosted : Wednesday Apr 18, 2012 15:36:36 EDTThe Marine Corps school that produces infantry combat officers will enroll its first-ever female students this year, Marine Corps Times has learned.As part of the service’s extensive research campaign to determine what additional jobs could be opened to women, an undetermined number of volunteers will attend the Infantry Officers Course in Quantico, Va., said Gen. Joseph Dunford, the Corps’ assistant commandant. There, Marine officers are groomed to serve in direct combat roles and lead troops into battle.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- Elsipogtog man says RCMP officers visited home with questions about Facebook comment » APTN National News
- The Mismeasurez of Radical Afrocentrism: Indigenist Thoughtz on African Fascism and the Failure of Master Race Narratives
- Protesters Block Downtown Oil Train Tracks; Legislative Candidate Jess Spear Arrested | Slog
- ‘Accusation drive’ – Indonesia president slams Australia’s gagging order exposed by WikiLeaks — RT News
- Benghazi ‘falls to al-Qaeda-linked rebels’ – Middle East – Al Jazeera English
- #EbolaWatch: #Africa -- Julio 31, 2014 - RT Novaĵoj ow.ly/2L2qIL 12 minutes ago
- "The international body also expressed “grave disappointment” that its previous calls for a truce..." ow.ly/2L2oTx 24 minutes ago
- "The international body also expressed “grave disappointment” that its previous calls for a truce have..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1N2no2J 43 minutes ago
- [HESSEN] #Antifa Camp 2014 | linksunten.indymedia.org ow.ly/zOWz1 46 minutes ago
- #LeonardPeltier 1 hour ago