By James K. Sanborn – Staff writerPosted : Wednesday Apr 18, 2012 15:36:36 EDTThe Marine Corps school that produces infantry combat officers will enroll its first-ever female students this year, Marine Corps Times has learned.As part of the service’s extensive research campaign to determine what additional jobs could be opened to women, an undetermined number of volunteers will attend the Infantry Officers Course in Quantico, Va., said Gen. Joseph Dunford, the Corps’ assistant commandant. There, Marine officers are groomed to serve in direct combat roles and lead troops into battle.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- AdDetector will make sure you never mistake a sponsored story for a real one | The Verge
- Local police involved in 400 killings per year
- U.S.: Dearborn cleric popular with ISIS fighters owes $250K for fraud | Detroit Free Press | freep.com
- California highway patrol officer under investigation for beating mentally ill woman — Society’s Child — Sott.net
- PressTV – Black population under attack by US system: Analyst
- 'This is the Story of Power in this Country': Ferguson, Institutionalized Racism and the Militarization of Police ... ow.ly/2Mb8qU 1 hour ago
- Union fights Israel ‘security risk’ claims to ban Palestinian union activists from West Bank workplaces ow.ly/2Mb8qT 1 hour ago
- "Albers, 46, a 20-year police veteran who served four years in the Army, is the man caught on video..." ow.ly/2Mb6wn 1 hour ago
- "Albers, 46, a 20-year police veteran who served four years in the Army, is the man caught on video..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1OsVMCD 1 hour ago
- Cop in Ferguson Tweets Lies to Justify Tear-Gassing Protesters in Their Own Back Yard | Riverfront Times ow.ly/2MaZfG 2 hours ago