In partnership with the Investigative Fund of the Nation Institute, Need to Know investigates whether U.S. border agents have been using excessive force in an effort to curb illegal immigration. Eight people have been killed along the border in the past two years. One man died a short time after being beaten and tased, an event recorded by two eyewitnesses whose video is the centerpiece of the report. Both eyewitnesses say the man offered little or no resistance. One told Need to Know that she felt like she watched someone being “murdered,” and the San Diego coroner’s office classified the death as a “homicide.”
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan newswire of the Aboriginal News Group.
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation and genocide.
- Fatima and Ahmed's Son: Albert Camus and the Liberal Dilemma
- 2,814 Deaths of the Mentally Ill in Police Custody, Zero Prosecutions: Where is the Justice?
- A major milestone: my 25th birthday!
- MADDOW: Fair Game to DISCLOSE NAMES of Republicans WHO LIED to ABC News – Democratic Underground
- Israeli official: Syria’s Bashar Assad preferable to Islamist takeover – Israel News | Haaretz Daily Newspaper
- "Every South Asian reader knew the answer. When even whiteness is freighted in liberal circles with..." ow.ly/2wZiDi 4 hours ago
- Judeo-Masonic conspiracy theory - Wikipedia ow.ly/laSQ7 #Judeophobia 5 hours ago
- "Every South Asian reader knew the answer. When even whiteness is freighted in liberal circles with..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAwlK4Yz_ 5 hours ago
- I apologise female activists, I missed adding the #Misogyny tag to the last post. And it fits like a glove. 5 hours ago
- "Jimmy Mubenga, the 46-year-old man who died on a plane while being deported from the UK by private..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAwlJzdyi 5 hours ago