In partnership with the Investigative Fund of the Nation Institute, Need to Know investigates whether U.S. border agents have been using excessive force in an effort to curb illegal immigration. Eight people have been killed along the border in the past two years. One man died a short time after being beaten and tased, an event recorded by two eyewitnesses whose video is the centerpiece of the report. Both eyewitnesses say the man offered little or no resistance. One told Need to Know that she felt like she watched someone being “murdered,” and the San Diego coroner’s office classified the death as a “homicide.”
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- Are ‘Blackwater’ now active in Ukraine? Videos spark talk that U.S. mercenary outfit has been deployed to Donetsk | Mail Online
- “Democratization” and Anti-Semitism in #Ukraine: When Neo-Nazi Symbols become “The New Normal” | Global Research
- Purple Rain blog: Senior Ukip members ‘backed pact with BNP’
- Media freedom under siege in #Crimea, #Ukraine, says OSCE representative – Representative on Freedom of the Media
- MACHETERO History Lesson
- Injuries And Mass Homelessness After Fire In Dar Paing ~ Rohingya Blogger ow.ly/2ExKz7 57 minutes ago
- Petition | I strongly oppose the use of native imagery and racial slurs as team mascots and nicknames. These displ... ow.ly/2ExKz8 57 minutes ago
- "RB News March 4, 2014 Chittagong, Bangladesh - 17 year old Samjidah, is a Rohingya girl living in Kutu..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw19cZryI 1 hour ago
- RT @KColemanQNET: My blog post on the #Tyendinaga blockade was featured on @AboriginalPress today. Neat! aboriginalpress.wordpress.com/2014/03/07/tye… 1 hour ago
- "Today is International Women’s Day, and most garment workers are women,” Rainsy said. “They demand a.... ow.ly/2ExxsW 4 hours ago