In partnership with the Investigative Fund of the Nation Institute, Need to Know investigates whether U.S. border agents have been using excessive force in an effort to curb illegal immigration. Eight people have been killed along the border in the past two years. One man died a short time after being beaten and tased, an event recorded by two eyewitnesses whose video is the centerpiece of the report. Both eyewitnesses say the man offered little or no resistance. One told Need to Know that she felt like she watched someone being “murdered,” and the San Diego coroner’s office classified the death as a “homicide.”
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- 4thWorldRadyo: AmerIndians & Africans Navigating The Orwellian Zone: ow.ly/CbeFQ / ow.ly/CbeFR 51 minutes ago
- Kissinger pushed for Cuba invasion in 1970s - RTe News ow.ly/2OuG1P 3 hours ago
- Activists seek to rebrand Israel as 'JSIL' - stream.aljazeera.com ow.ly/2OuG1O 3 hours ago
- 4thWorldRadyo is in the Studio! Speak via Skype: 'aboriginalnewsgroup' as we discuss: #Ferguson & #RacistTrolling in #Social Media 5 hours ago
- Feds wind up major prosecution of American Indian gang | Star Tribune ow.ly/CazV6 5 hours ago