Hardline, right-wing Hindus have rioted over a ‘Beef festival’ put together by Dalit students at Osmania University in Hyderabad, India.h/t: JDShall we now blame all of Hinduism for their violent response, and remark that Hinduism is innately, uniquely incapable of dealing with ‘offense’ to their religion? Of course not, it is not Hinduism, but the interpretation of a specific group of Hindus with a specific approach to their religious texts that has caused this:
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan newswire of the Aboriginal News Group.
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation and genocide.
- US Congress H Rights Commission Hearing on Indonesia / West Papua streaming online.
- NYT: U.S. Formally Admits Killing 4 Americans In Drone Strikes | TPM LiveWire
- Prison Labor: Exposed
- Body of tortured Afghan unearthed near former US Special Forces base – report — RT News
- Joyner: Timothy McVeigh Was ‘Left-Wing’; Media Number One Terrorist Organization In The World | Right Wing Watch
- Conservative Groups Granted Exemption Vastly Outspent Liberal Ones - OpenSecrets Blog ow.ly/2x5gZo 36 minutes ago
- NT Indigenous leaders challenge Chief Minister's adoption claims ow.ly/2x5gZn 36 minutes ago
- "There could be no clearer demonstration of the nature of terrorist attacks. Horrendous as it was, the..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAwlcGMnL 1 hour ago
- "Judy DaSilva received the Michael Sattler Peace Prize from the German Mennonite Peace Committe this..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAwlcFJ31 1 hour ago
- "It is much more sinister because it is much more effective. It is much more effective, because it..." ow.ly/2x51TI 4 hours ago