One good man or one good woman can change the world, can push back the evil, and their work can be a beacon for millions, for billions. Are you that man or woman? If so, may the Great Spirit bless you. If not, why not? We must each of us be that person.That will transform the world overnight. That would be a miracle, yes, but a miracle within our power, our healing power. ~ Leonard PeltierThe Leonard Peltier Walk for Human Rights departed from Alcatraz Island on December 18, 2011, and will arrive in Washington, DC, on or around May 18, 2012. A Sunday morning ceremony on The Rock Alcatraz Island initiated a spiritual walk across North America entitled “The Leonard Peltier Walk for Human Rights”.The sacred Walk is an effort to raise attention regarding political prisoner Leonard Peltier, imprisoned for over 35 years, to seek his freedom, and to encourage President Obama to assert his authority by providing an Executive Clemency. People can also call the White House comment line at 202-456-1111 and express freedom now for Leonard!
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- Print Friendly: Kerry’s threats vs Russia unacceptable, West sides with neo-Nazis –Russian FM
- Организация Объединённых Наций: Помогите искоренить профашистских террористов захвативших власть в Украине.
- Slough antifascist demo, 01.02.2014 (Photos)
- Ukraine Snipers Hired by Neo-Nazi Coup!
- Russia hits back at US ‘barefaced cynicism and double standards’ over Ukraine — RT News
- Photoset: dynamicafrica: In Photos: “A Gorean Summer” by Fabrice Monteiro. The usual photographs I’ve... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw19UdNcG 1 hour ago
- Photo: diasporadash: latinegro: melanatedcontributions: Gaspar Yanga When students learn about slavery in... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw19Ucgm4 1 hour ago
- Photo: aljazeeraamerica: Crimea crisis: Will the Yalta rules apply? The key players in the Ukraine standoff... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw19UcUlw 1 hour ago
- Photo: lakotapeopleslawproject: #Rez@Roundup #4 with Chase Iron Eyes of Lastrealindians: Will hundreds of... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw19UcKPc 1 hour ago
- Photo: rtamerica: ACLU appeals legality of NSA’s mass phone metadata collection Civil rights attorneys at... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw19UcDdu 1 hour ago