Ramallah, 15 May 2012 – After nearly a full month of fasting, around 2,000 Palestinian political prisoners ended last night their mass hunger strike upon reaching an agreement with the Israeli Prison Service IPS to attain certain core demands. Addameer lauds these achievements of the prisoners’ movement and can only hope that Israel will implement any policy changes in good faith. Addameer especially commends those individuals who engaged in open hunger strike for over two months, displaying remarkable steadfastness in the struggle for their most basic rights.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan newswire of the Aboriginal News Group.
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation and genocide.
- "Scotland Yard has a specialised social media unit working around the clock in the wake of soldier..." ow.ly/2xaq8s 2 hours ago
- "Scotland Yard has a specialised social media unit working around the clock in the wake of soldier Lee..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAwlrUhBg 3 hours ago
- Woolwich attack: MI5 ‘offered job to suspect’ says... - Woolwich attack: MI5 ‘offered job to suspect’ says... ow.ly/2xaiYB 5 hours ago
- SC Governor Names White Nationalist to Reelection Committee | Hatewatch | Southern Poverty Law Center ow.ly/2xagR7 6 hours ago
- Afghanistan: Surge in Women Jailed for ‘Moral Crimes’ | Human Rights Watch ow.ly/2xagR8 6 hours ago