Ramallah, 15 May 2012 – After nearly a full month of fasting, around 2,000 Palestinian political prisoners ended last night their mass hunger strike upon reaching an agreement with the Israeli Prison Service IPS to attain certain core demands. Addameer lauds these achievements of the prisoners’ movement and can only hope that Israel will implement any policy changes in good faith. Addameer especially commends those individuals who engaged in open hunger strike for over two months, displaying remarkable steadfastness in the struggle for their most basic rights.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- "In 1982, Rand died of cancer brought on by her excessive smoking habit. Although not exactly popular..." ow.ly/2NG5cJ 2 hours ago
- "In 1982, Rand died of cancer brought on by her excessive smoking habit. Although not exactly popular..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1R3UEWi 3 hours ago
- Justice for the Rotherham abuse victims – don’t let the racists divide us! - Searchlight Magazine ow.ly/2NFA4X 4 hours ago
- Obama Declares Perpetual War - Obama Declares Perpetual War: c4ss: President Barac... ow.ly/2NFyIr 4 hours ago
- Indiĝenaj Inteligenteco: A Fourth World Intelligence Newsblog ow.ly/BCCTz 5 hours ago