Ramallah, 15 May 2012 – After nearly a full month of fasting, around 2,000 Palestinian political prisoners ended last night their mass hunger strike upon reaching an agreement with the Israeli Prison Service IPS to attain certain core demands. Addameer lauds these achievements of the prisoners’ movement and can only hope that Israel will implement any policy changes in good faith. Addameer especially commends those individuals who engaged in open hunger strike for over two months, displaying remarkable steadfastness in the struggle for their most basic rights.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Kiel: Antifa-Café "Der Aufstand jüdischer Gefangener im Vernichtungslager Sobibór", Alte Meierei ow.ly/2Ot9hF 3 hours ago
- I CARE - - News - Greece: Golden Dawn: Australian branch of far-right Greek party raises cash ow.ly/2Ot9hE 3 hours ago
- FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - Larry Rodgers appointed as interim Chief of Staff for legislative branch.pdf - Google Driv... ow.ly/2Ot2ZN 4 hours ago
- disciplesofmalcolm: Malcolm X on Front Page Challenge, January... ow.ly/2Ot21H 4 hours ago
- 4thWorldRadyo: #AfricanGenocide & #ChristianMisogyny w/ Dr Kris Neuhaus ow.ly/tE5sy #ProChoice #Abortion #Fascism #Women 4 hours ago