Never mind that the Canadian government agreed to produce a human rights report by May 15 of this year two years ago. Nor that it was precisely this element of the agreement that allowed the free trade pact to pass through parliament, given that Colombia was and still is the most dangerous place on earth to be a trade unionist, with the most internally displaced peoples worldwide between 3.9 and 5.5 million on last count and the great majority from mineral and hydrocarbon rich areas in which the numerous Canadian oil and mining companies operating in Colombia may have investments, with thirty-two Indigenous peoples at risk of extinction, or that at the time that the free trade agreement was being negotiated the Colombian government was mired in a scandal over close ties with paramilitary leaders, and a “false positives” scandal in which members of the Colombian army were killing citizens and then dressing them up as guerrillas or paramilitaries killed in combat.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan newswire of the Aboriginal News Group.
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation and genocide.
- Police tap social media in wake of London attack – Strategy – Business – News – iTnews.com.au
- INTERNATIONAL – Muslim religious leaders deliver emotional prayer at Auschwitz for Holocaust dead
- Tornadoes Have Devastated American Indian Families in Oklahoma NEED HELP
- Sign reclaiming traditional name Pkols for Mount Douglas will stay for now – National – Times Colonist
- Idle No More & Defenders of the Land “Sovereignty Summer” Call To Action
- Two more Angels of Woolwich revealed: Mother and daughter comforted murdered soldier in his final moments... tmblr.co/Zu0CAwllOFc_ 13 minutes ago
- Google map of all attacks on Mosques since Woolwich tmblr.co/Zu0CAwllO34C 14 minutes ago
- PEACE BE UPON YOU: MCB Leads a Delegation of Community Leaders to Pay Respects After Woolwich Attack -... tmblr.co/Zu0CAwllNoiH 15 minutes ago
- Right-Wing Nationalists Rev Up For Anti-Muslim Weekend Action in UK - Vocativ tmblr.co/Zu0CAwllNMII 17 minutes ago
- Nick Clegg quotes Qur'an to condemn Woolwich attack: "As though he killed all mankind" - eaudeyasmine:... tmblr.co/Zu0CAwllN0Tj 18 minutes ago