Never mind that the Canadian government agreed to produce a human rights report by May 15 of this year two years ago. Nor that it was precisely this element of the agreement that allowed the free trade pact to pass through parliament, given that Colombia was and still is the most dangerous place on earth to be a trade unionist, with the most internally displaced peoples worldwide between 3.9 and 5.5 million on last count and the great majority from mineral and hydrocarbon rich areas in which the numerous Canadian oil and mining companies operating in Colombia may have investments, with thirty-two Indigenous peoples at risk of extinction, or that at the time that the free trade agreement was being negotiated the Colombian government was mired in a scandal over close ties with paramilitary leaders, and a “false positives” scandal in which members of the Colombian army were killing citizens and then dressing them up as guerrillas or paramilitaries killed in combat.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- MACHETERO History Lesson
- Finian Cunningham – Western Media Go to War over Ukraine – Strategic Culture Foundation – on-line journal > Western Media Go to War over Ukraine > m.strategic-culture.org – Strategic Culture Foundation
- Why are American women dying in childbirth? – Features – Al Jazeera English
- Ukraine computers infected by powerful virus – Europe – Al Jazeera English
- Henry Kissinger: To settle the Ukraine crisis, start at the end – The Washington Post
- Photo: (via Twitter / Guilledgar: Ukrainian & Venezuelan …) — Guillermo Edgar @Guilledgar — Ukrainian &... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw19ad1HI 9 minutes ago
- Video: Ucrania vs. Venezuela a nivel de videos (by Luigino Bracci Roa) — (VIDEO) Ucrania y Venezuela... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw19ac6bi 12 minutes ago
- Seeking justice for Canada's murdered women - Features - Al Jazeera English ow.ly/2Exprf 33 minutes ago
- ibtimes.com: Svoboda: The Rising Spectre Of Neo-Nazism In The Ukraine ow.ly/2Exprg 33 minutes ago
- "No one was convicted of the murder for almost 20 years. The report, which has exposed police racism..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw19aKHf7 1 hour ago