Never mind that the Canadian government agreed to produce a human rights report by May 15 of this year two years ago. Nor that it was precisely this element of the agreement that allowed the free trade pact to pass through parliament, given that Colombia was and still is the most dangerous place on earth to be a trade unionist, with the most internally displaced peoples worldwide between 3.9 and 5.5 million on last count and the great majority from mineral and hydrocarbon rich areas in which the numerous Canadian oil and mining companies operating in Colombia may have investments, with thirty-two Indigenous peoples at risk of extinction, or that at the time that the free trade agreement was being negotiated the Colombian government was mired in a scandal over close ties with paramilitary leaders, and a “false positives” scandal in which members of the Colombian army were killing citizens and then dressing them up as guerrillas or paramilitaries killed in combat.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- Android security mystery – ‘fake’ cellphone towers found in U.S.
- Jennifer Lawrence, other celebs’ pictures leaked: FBI addressing the matter – CBS News
- More police departments considering the use of drones – baltimoresun.com
- How the US’s terrorism watchlists work – and how you could end up on one | World news | theguardian.com
- BBC News – Ex-US Navy officer who spied for Soviets dies in prison
- "An estimated 14’000 came out in Stockholm to protest against the Neo-Nazi group Svenskarnas Parti..." ow.ly/2MOFjP 9 hours ago
- Right Sector’s Borislav Bereza Visits San Francisco | Bay Area Antifa ow.ly/2MOwsh 10 hours ago
- "Studying the women’s situation in Syria, whether now or before the outbreak of revolution,..." ow.ly/2MOus4 10 hours ago
- "An estimated 14’000 came out in Stockholm to protest against the Neo-Nazi group Svenskarnas Parti..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1PsLMoC 10 hours ago
- "Studying the women’s situation in Syria, whether now or before the outbreak of revolution, without..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1PsHlkn 11 hours ago