Never mind that the Canadian government agreed to produce a human rights report by May 15 of this year two years ago. Nor that it was precisely this element of the agreement that allowed the free trade pact to pass through parliament, given that Colombia was and still is the most dangerous place on earth to be a trade unionist, with the most internally displaced peoples worldwide between 3.9 and 5.5 million on last count and the great majority from mineral and hydrocarbon rich areas in which the numerous Canadian oil and mining companies operating in Colombia may have investments, with thirty-two Indigenous peoples at risk of extinction, or that at the time that the free trade agreement was being negotiated the Colombian government was mired in a scandal over close ties with paramilitary leaders, and a “false positives” scandal in which members of the Colombian army were killing citizens and then dressing them up as guerrillas or paramilitaries killed in combat.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- Mitt Romney’s face looks different to Republicans and Democrats
- Intelligence contractors donate millions to intelligence watchdogs in Congress | Center for Public Integrity
- US media blacks out Seymour Hersh exposé of Washington’s lies on sarin attack in Syria – World Socialist Web Site
- Gitmo media blackout hopes to undermine hunger strikers | Al Jazeera America
- Rise of The ‘Angry White Male’: Desperate & Insecure Whites See Years of Unfettered Privilege Slipping Away | PoliticalArticles.NET
- foreverclassicmag: Freedom Fighter - Mandela - fighting rights... ow.ly/2C3Ck5 10 hours ago
- Photo: foreverclassicmag: Freedom Fighter - Mandela - fighting rights in and outside the ring. tmblr.co/Zu0CAw10_9dpo 14 hours ago
- Photo: nowyoukno: Now You Know tmblr.co/Zu0CAw10z-lsT 14 hours ago
- "Before making the decision, justices G S Singhvi and S J Mukhopadhaya heard the appeals of..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw10z-b_y 14 hours ago
- Photo: medievalpoc: Anonymous (Great Britain) The Postillion England (1730) Oil on Canvas, 73.5 x 62.5 cm.... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw10z-NLT 14 hours ago