Never mind that the Canadian government agreed to produce a human rights report by May 15 of this year two years ago. Nor that it was precisely this element of the agreement that allowed the free trade pact to pass through parliament, given that Colombia was and still is the most dangerous place on earth to be a trade unionist, with the most internally displaced peoples worldwide between 3.9 and 5.5 million on last count and the great majority from mineral and hydrocarbon rich areas in which the numerous Canadian oil and mining companies operating in Colombia may have investments, with thirty-two Indigenous peoples at risk of extinction, or that at the time that the free trade agreement was being negotiated the Colombian government was mired in a scandal over close ties with paramilitary leaders, and a “false positives” scandal in which members of the Colombian army were killing citizens and then dressing them up as guerrillas or paramilitaries killed in combat.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- Despite Repeated Denials, San Jose Police Definitely Have a Drone | Motherboard
- Israel Using U.S. Weapons to Kill in Gaza | Accuracy.Org
- Islamic State evicts Iraq farmers – Middle East – Al Jazeera English
- War and Natural Gas: The Israeli Invasion and Gaza’s Offshore Gas Fields | Global Research
- Shane Elson: Gaza, Gas and War
- "The Times story even notes: “As part of the propaganda push, the military has also invited a..." ow.ly/2KUCJu 3 hours ago
- Why is the African community allowing a few Black radicals to escort RWNJ Ammosexuals through a Black area in Texas? ow.ly/zJxXK 4 hours ago
- "The Times story even notes: “As part of the propaganda push, the military has also invited a few..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1Mts2r9 4 hours ago
- Libye: le gigantesque incendie à Tripoli toujours pas maîtrisé - afrique - RFI ow.ly/2KUiKv 6 hours ago
- "Israel’s ongoing onslaught in Gaza, which has killed more than 1,200 Palestinians since 7 July,..." ow.ly/2KUa4C 7 hours ago