Never mind that the Canadian government agreed to produce a human rights report by May 15 of this year two years ago. Nor that it was precisely this element of the agreement that allowed the free trade pact to pass through parliament, given that Colombia was and still is the most dangerous place on earth to be a trade unionist, with the most internally displaced peoples worldwide between 3.9 and 5.5 million on last count and the great majority from mineral and hydrocarbon rich areas in which the numerous Canadian oil and mining companies operating in Colombia may have investments, with thirty-two Indigenous peoples at risk of extinction, or that at the time that the free trade agreement was being negotiated the Colombian government was mired in a scandal over close ties with paramilitary leaders, and a “false positives” scandal in which members of the Colombian army were killing citizens and then dressing them up as guerrillas or paramilitaries killed in combat.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Article: Important victory in case of Ray McGovern’s brutal arrest | OpEdNews
- In America the ‘Terrorists’ All Too Often Are the Police » CounterPunch: Tells the Facts, Names the Names
- ANTIFA 2014 Internationale
- Detention of French Journalists in West Papua Raised at UN
- Islamic State: Assad lures President Obama into his web .
- Okay so if Hatuey was Taino but lived in DR/Haiti and was conquered by the same people PRs tainos were, why are... ow.ly/2NRi7C 5 hours ago
- Anonymous said: Okay so if Hatuey was Taino but lived in DR/Haiti and was conquered by the same people PRs... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1RKCqAh 5 hours ago
- I CARE - - Norway: Father warns Breivik 'more extreme than ever' ow.ly/2NQW2d 10 hours ago
- International Denunciation of “False Indigenous Conference” | Earth First! Newswire ow.ly/2NQTjN 11 hours ago
- Assembly of First Nations says its proposals on missing women 'tossed aside' by Ottawa - Aboriginal - CBC ow.ly/2NQTjM 11 hours ago