DHARAMSHALA, May 17: Tibetans in the exile headquarters of Dharamshala and all over India today organised various campaigns demanding the Chinese communist regime to release Gendhun Choekyi Nyima, the boy recognised by the Dalai Lama as the 11th Panchen Lama in 1995.Thursday marked 17 years since the Chinese authorities secretly abducted Gendhun Choekyi Nyima along with his parents on May 17, 1995, three days after His Holiness the Dalai Lama declared him to be the reincarnation of the previous Panchen Lama. He was only six years old then.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan newswire of the Aboriginal News Group.
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation and genocide.
- US Training of Mexican Troops Has Escalated in Step With Mexico’s Murder Rate | the narcosphere
- The Republican Quest to Privatize All Government Has Jeopardized National Security
- FBI: Government has used surveillance drones in the U.S.
- Corrupt politicians must pay for their sins – Rawlings – Vanguard News
- From Cointel-Pro to Gang Injunctions to PRISM & Privatization our HKR Intv w/ Kali Akuno
- Be Vigilant for Lynne Stewart – As She Was For All of Us | Black Agenda Report ow.ly/2xJjBc 6 hours ago
- Brazil rage spills onto the streets: LIVE UPDATES — RT News ow.ly/2xJ6Pi 8 hours ago
- Be Vigilant for Lynne Stewart – As She Was For All of Us | Black Agenda Report - There is a vigil underway... tmblr.co/Zu0CAwnkSkqF 8 hours ago
- "Violent clashes have erupted in the northern city of Fortaleza in the hours leading to a Confederations..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAwnkSUrE 8 hours ago
- "Between 2008 and the summer of 2011 when he left his post as grand chief of the Assembly of Manitoba..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAwnkQVOb 8 hours ago