by Ethan Cox — In almost every report on the social movement now sweeping Quebec, including my own, words like conflict, crisis and stand-off figure prominently. Anger is omnipresent. The anger of protesters, the anger of government, the anger of those supposedly inconvenienced. Pundits scream about mob rule, anarchy in the streets and the dissolution of society as we know it.’Casseroles’ come alive every night at 8pm. Rabble.caDon’t get me wrong, there is anger present of course. But that is not what you see if you take to the streets, or watch on CUTV’s live stream. Pundits can’t stop bemoaning the inconvenience to “ordinary” Montrealers posed by these protests. But I wonder, are there any “ordinary” Montrealers left to inconvenience?
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- Elsipogtog man says RCMP officers visited home with questions about Facebook comment » APTN National News
- The Mismeasurez of Radical Afrocentrism: Indigenist Thoughtz on African Fascism and the Failure of Master Race Narratives
- Protesters Block Downtown Oil Train Tracks; Legislative Candidate Jess Spear Arrested | Slog
- ‘Accusation drive’ – Indonesia president slams Australia’s gagging order exposed by WikiLeaks — RT News
- Benghazi ‘falls to al-Qaeda-linked rebels’ – Middle East – Al Jazeera English
- Inside Britain’s prisons: Rising violence and soaring suicide rates — RT UK ow.ly/2L26io 42 minutes ago
- APNS Novaĵagentejo - The Indigenist Newswire ow.ly/zOPx7 48 minutes ago
- "The president held a media conference late on Thursday to complain about the Indonesians who have been..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1N29UvT 56 minutes ago
- "Milliea, who doesn’t remember the officer’s name, said the officer mentioned “the big guy,” meaning..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1N29QRN 56 minutes ago
- "What Kerry did not say is that the ceasefire is merely an extended occupation by the IDF: as Reuters..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1N28KW8 1 hour ago