by Ethan Cox — In almost every report on the social movement now sweeping Quebec, including my own, words like conflict, crisis and stand-off figure prominently. Anger is omnipresent. The anger of protesters, the anger of government, the anger of those supposedly inconvenienced. Pundits scream about mob rule, anarchy in the streets and the dissolution of society as we know it.’Casseroles’ come alive every night at 8pm. Rabble.caDon’t get me wrong, there is anger present of course. But that is not what you see if you take to the streets, or watch on CUTV’s live stream. Pundits can’t stop bemoaning the inconvenience to “ordinary” Montrealers posed by these protests. But I wonder, are there any “ordinary” Montrealers left to inconvenience?
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- US media blacks out Seymour Hersh exposé of Washington’s lies on sarin attack in Syria – World Socialist Web Site
- Gitmo media blackout hopes to undermine hunger strikers | Al Jazeera America
- Rise of The ‘Angry White Male’: Desperate & Insecure Whites See Years of Unfettered Privilege Slipping Away | PoliticalArticles.NET
- Let us spy: NSA chief pleads with Senate to keep surveillance programs — RT USA
- Beijing bans ‘sensitive topics’ during Mandela funeral coverage | South China Morning Post
- Photo: foreverclassicmag: Freedom Fighter - Mandela - fighting rights in and outside the ring. tmblr.co/Zu0CAw10_9dpo 1 hour ago
- Photo: nowyoukno: Now You Know tmblr.co/Zu0CAw10z-lsT 1 hour ago
- "Before making the decision, justices G S Singhvi and S J Mukhopadhaya heard the appeals of..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw10z-b_y 1 hour ago
- Photo: medievalpoc: Anonymous (Great Britain) The Postillion England (1730) Oil on Canvas, 73.5 x 62.5 cm.... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw10z-NLT 1 hour ago
- Daily Kos: Teen Kills 4; Judge LITERALLY Lets Him Off Because He is Rich! - sonofbaldwin: 16-year old Ethan... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw10z-9JH 1 hour ago