3,000 U.S. soldiers to serve in Africa next year 08 Jun 2012 A brigade will deploy to Africa next year in a pilot program that assigns brigades on a rotational basis to regions around the globe, the Army announced in May. Roughly 3,000 soldiers – and likely more – are expected to serve tours across the continent in 2013, training foreign militaries and aiding locals. Tours could last a few weeks or months and include multiple missions at different locations, said Maj. Gen. David R. Hogg, head of U.S. Army Africa.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- Android security mystery – ‘fake’ cellphone towers found in U.S.
- Jennifer Lawrence, other celebs’ pictures leaked: FBI addressing the matter – CBS News
- More police departments considering the use of drones – baltimoresun.com
- How the US’s terrorism watchlists work – and how you could end up on one | World news | theguardian.com
- BBC News – Ex-US Navy officer who spied for Soviets dies in prison
- "Speaking to a group of 40 potential Ukip council and parliamentary candidates he said: “Look back to..." ow.ly/2MLFOE 7 hours ago
- "Speaking to a group of 40 potential Ukip council and parliamentary candidates he said: “Look back to..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1Pp2ICW 8 hours ago
- "It was “abhorrent” British citizens had “declared their allegiance” to groups like Islamic State, he..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1Po-cBS 8 hours ago
- Stop Law Enforcement Violence Toolkit | incite-national.org ow.ly/2MKEZx 14 hours ago
- "When I think about Women’s Equality Day, I reflect on the power and significance of Black women..." ow.ly/2MKuNK 15 hours ago