3,000 U.S. soldiers to serve in Africa next year 08 Jun 2012 A brigade will deploy to Africa next year in a pilot program that assigns brigades on a rotational basis to regions around the globe, the Army announced in May. Roughly 3,000 soldiers – and likely more – are expected to serve tours across the continent in 2013, training foreign militaries and aiding locals. Tours could last a few weeks or months and include multiple missions at different locations, said Maj. Gen. David R. Hogg, head of U.S. Army Africa.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- PressTV – ISIL: We will attack Saudi Arabia during Eid al-Adha
- PressTV – US police force have become militarized: Analyst
- Disney files patent applications to use drones in its theme parks – Orlando Sentinel
- Cyber attack reveals data on at least 25,000 workers at the US Department of Homeland Security | The Verge
- BBC News – NSA and GCHQ agents ‘leak Tor bugs’, alleges developer
- "According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the unemployment rate for black Americans is 11.4..." ow.ly/2MwN4w 1 hour ago
- "According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the unemployment rate for black Americans is 11.4..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1PMyNCx 2 hours ago
- Georgia restores gun rights to ex-cop who attempted to rape a woman with his gun ow.ly/2MvvYY 8 hours ago
- Georgia restores gun rights to ex-cop who attempted to rape a woman with his gun - kohenari: One thing is... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1PLC79j 9 hours ago
- Photo: guardian: Zara has pulled a striped shirt featuring a yellow star on the front from sale after it... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1PLBpse 9 hours ago