By INA ALLECO R. SILVERIO Bulatlat.comMANILA — Are Filipinos all over the country ready to pay for privatized health services?On May 16, 2012, the Committee on Health of the House of Representatives gave its shocking approval to the passage of House Bill No. 6069 or “An Act Creating National Government Hospital Corporations.”The bill was originally filed by Bacolod Rep. Anthony Rolando T. Golez, Jr. The chairman of the committee, Negros Occidental 2nd District Rep. Alfredo Marañon III gave his full support to the proposal, alleging that the corporatization of government hospitals will lead to better management of funds that in turn will result to more services for poor patients.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan newswire of the Aboriginal News Group.
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation and genocide.
- Why isn't it hate speech if it's about women?
- Police tap social media in wake of London attack – Strategy – Business – News – iTnews.com.au
- INTERNATIONAL – Muslim religious leaders deliver emotional prayer at Auschwitz for Holocaust dead
- Tornadoes Have Devastated American Indian Families in Oklahoma NEED HELP
- Sign reclaiming traditional name Pkols for Mount Douglas will stay for now – National – Times Colonist
- Two more Angels of Woolwich revealed: Mother and daughter comforted murdered soldier in his final moments because ... ow.ly/2x8Xxc 12 hours ago
- Right-Wing Nationalists Rev Up For Anti-Muslim Weekend Action in UK - Vocativ ow.ly/2x8PsR 13 hours ago
- Two more Angels of Woolwich revealed: Mother and daughter comforted murdered soldier in his final moments... tmblr.co/Zu0CAwllOFc_ 14 hours ago
- Google map of all attacks on Mosques since Woolwich tmblr.co/Zu0CAwllO34C 14 hours ago
- PEACE BE UPON YOU: MCB Leads a Delegation of Community Leaders to Pay Respects After Woolwich Attack -... tmblr.co/Zu0CAwllNoiH 14 hours ago