By INA ALLECO R. SILVERIO Bulatlat.comMANILA — Are Filipinos all over the country ready to pay for privatized health services?On May 16, 2012, the Committee on Health of the House of Representatives gave its shocking approval to the passage of House Bill No. 6069 or “An Act Creating National Government Hospital Corporations.”The bill was originally filed by Bacolod Rep. Anthony Rolando T. Golez, Jr. The chairman of the committee, Negros Occidental 2nd District Rep. Alfredo Marañon III gave his full support to the proposal, alleging that the corporatization of government hospitals will lead to better management of funds that in turn will result to more services for poor patients.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- US/NATO: Heirs to the Nazi Germany’s script for Ukraine — Puppet Masters — Sott.net
- Australian jihadist who tweeted gruesome photo has long history of mental illness – The Washington Post
- Senate hearing to examine militarization of local and state police in Ferguson | Washington Watch | McClatchy DC
- Nobody Knows How Many Americans The Police Kill Each Year | FiveThirtyEight
- Glide — In the Moment: Glide Verifies Ferguson Shooting Recording
- ""Black children are still dying for our freedom," Howard said. "And it’s senseless. And..." ow.ly/2MCUUY 1 hour ago
- ""Black children are still dying for our freedom," Howard said. "And it’s senseless. And it’s unfair...." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1PVMa0l 3 hours ago
- westcoastnativenews - Did the Government of Ontario Lie to Stop a First Nation Elder’s Hunger Strike? ow.ly/2MBdkE 15 hours ago
- "“Oswald may have been a petty informer for the Bureau, receiving small sums of money in return for..." ow.ly/2MBbLr 15 hours ago
- "“Oswald may have been a petty informer for the Bureau, receiving small sums of money in return for..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1PSmPHY 16 hours ago