19/6/2012- The number of anti-Semitic incidents recorded in the Netherlands dropped by 9 percent last year but vandalism and assaults rose sharply, according to the annual report by the country’s watchdog on anti-Semitism. The Center for Information and Documentation on Israel, or CIDI, attributed the overall drop in recorded incidents to a decrease in the amount of hate mail reported. However, the Hague-based organization registered a sharp rise in real-life anti-Semitic incidents — such as vandalism, assaults or abuse — to 55 last year from 31 in 2010. In total, CIDI registered 113 anti-Semitic incidents in 2011, compared to 124 the previous year. CIDI found 18 cases of hate mail in 2011, compared to 47 in 2010. The organization’s records for 2011 show 28 victims of anti-Semitic, non-physical abuse on the street or in the public sphere. In 2009, CIDI listed 20 such incidents. That year saw anti-Semitism incidents of all categories skyrocketing worldwide in connection with Israel’s attack on Hamas in Gaza.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- "Michael Garrett Blair was a 26-year-old African American man who had been diagnosed as a paranoid..." ow.ly/2NPfLi 51 minutes ago
- US police kill 104 people in August - World Socialist Web Site ow.ly/2NPdBd 1 hour ago
- "SD bildades för 25 år sen. Som reaktion på SD och andra högerextremister växte en antirasistisk..." ow.ly/2NPcmf 1 hour ago
- Political Research Associates | Challenging the Right, Advancing Social Justice ow.ly/BIeL5 1 hour ago
- Hate Map ow.ly/BIeFE 1 hour ago