An intern at the Wall Street Journal who is Miss Black America – Connecticut, graduated from Yale University and said she wanted to “represent African American women in a positive light,” is no longer at the Journal after the newspaper said she fabricated sources and quotes just three weeks into the internship, according to news reports Tuesday.”The paper wrote that it had removed an article by the intern, Liane Membis, that was published on June 17 because many of the names contained in the article about the re-opening of the 103rd Street Pedestrian Bridge in Manhattan were fabricated and the quotes couldnt be independently verified. The note concluded: Ms. Membis is no longer working at The Wall Street Journal, Christine Haughney reported for the New York Times.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- Pennsylvania Trooper Who Kicked in Handcuffed Man’s Teeth Didn’t Use Excessive Force, Jury Finds
- Radio-controlled helicopter had ‘serious risk of collision’ with jetliner at YVR
- ‘Environmental Injustice’: Minorities Face Nearly 40% More Exposure to Toxic Air Pollution | Common Dreams
- LISTEN: Alleged Kansas Gunman Frazier Glenn Miller Discusses the Tea Party, Obama, and Ron Paul | Mother Jones
- Report indicates that US aligned regimes are preparing for war — Puppet Masters — Sott.net
- thenationmagazine: Fuck Earth Day. No, really.@Fuck Earth Day.... ow.ly/2FVXAr 20 hours ago
- #IdleNoMore ! #VAWA Mohawks begin direct action to force missing, murdered inquiry ow.ly/2FVRP4 21 hours ago
- Arizona tribe set to prosecute first non-Indian under a new law - The Washington Post ow.ly/2FVVgI 21 hours ago
- Kanehsatake: Mohawk Warriors face Canadian-style colonialism | Colours of Resistance Archive ow.ly/2FVVgJ 21 hours ago
- MoveOn Petitions - Support Winnemem Cultural Survival - Tell Congress "No" to the Shasta Dam raise. ow.ly/2FVVgK 21 hours ago