An intern at the Wall Street Journal who is Miss Black America – Connecticut, graduated from Yale University and said she wanted to “represent African American women in a positive light,” is no longer at the Journal after the newspaper said she fabricated sources and quotes just three weeks into the internship, according to news reports Tuesday.”The paper wrote that it had removed an article by the intern, Liane Membis, that was published on June 17 because many of the names contained in the article about the re-opening of the 103rd Street Pedestrian Bridge in Manhattan were fabricated and the quotes couldnt be independently verified. The note concluded: Ms. Membis is no longer working at The Wall Street Journal, Christine Haughney reported for the New York Times.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- Article: CIA Interfered With Senate Committee, May Have Violated Constitution | OpEdNews
- US to violate own laws by financially aiding Ukraine’s coup-installed govt – Moscow — RT News
- CIA accused of spying on Congress over torture report — RT USA
- National inventory of hate groups ranks Texas near top, with 8 in Houston – Houston Chronicle
- British convict says he met Bin Laden ‘20 to 50 times’ | GulfNews.com
- "On August 17, 1975 Senator Frank Church stated on NBC’s Meet the Press without mentioning the name of..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw19soukP 36 minutes ago
- "One of the four persons originally held was released unconditionally Saturday, while three were held..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw19s9LCI 2 hours ago
- "Volunteers from self-defense units are taking an oath of allegiance to the people of Crimea as the..." ow.ly/2ECro8 2 hours ago
- If U want 2 discuss the neo-Nazi problem in #Ukraine 4thWorldRadyo is taking calls via Skype: 'aboriginalnewsgroup' ow.ly/uu41H 2 hours ago
- #Tyendinaga rail blockade leads to 3 arrests | Warrior Publications ow.ly/utYHO #IdleNoMore #FirstNations 3 hours ago