“For years, government lawyers have been arguing that our case is too secret for the courts to consider, despite the mounting confirmation of widespread mass illegal surveillance of ordinary people,” said EFF Legal Director Cindy Cohn. “Now we have three former NSA officials confirming the basic facts. Neither the Constitution nor federal law allow the government to collect massive amounts of communications and data of innocent Americans and fish around in it in case it might find something interesting. This kind of power is too easily abused. We’re extremely pleased that more whistleblowers have come forward to help end this massive spying program.”
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- CIA accused of spying on Congress over torture report — RT USA
- National inventory of hate groups ranks Texas near top, with 8 in Houston – Houston Chronicle
- British convict says he met Bin Laden ‘20 to 50 times’ | GulfNews.com
- Experian Lapse Allowed ID Theft Service Access to 200 Million Consumer Records — Krebs on Security
- Federal Official Declares That Anyone Who Speaks Out Against Lie Detector Tests Should Be Criminally Investigated | Techdirt
- "Volunteers from self-defense units are taking an oath of allegiance to the people of Crimea as the..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw19qgaJb 53 minutes ago
- Photoset: 5centsapound: Sue Williamson: A Few South Africans (1984) Made at a time when South Africa was... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw19qbN_Y 1 hour ago
- rscspokenword: the-red-planet: faerieclara: i’ll like neil degrasse tyson the day he apologizes for this... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw19qbF4P 1 hour ago
- "One man said that the QQ account of his brother-in-law showed him as online, but frustratingly for..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw19qXL1R 1 hour ago
- Passenger With Stolen Passport Had No Terror Ties, Police Say - coolyeahanisk: One of the passengers who... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw19qUliD 1 hour ago