US bank Wells Fargo will pay at least, $$175m (£113m) to settle accusations that it discriminated against African-American and Hispanic borrowers, the Department of Justice said. The bank has been accused of charging non white customers higher interest rates and fees on mortgages than it charged white customers between 2004 and 2009. The bank denies the claims.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- Decoding the Summer of Snowden | Cato Institute
- EUobserver.com / Justice & Home Affairs / British MEPs fail to stop Snowden video
- North Korean dictator Kim Jong-Un executes his uncle, declares him worse than a dog
- U.S. Government Formally Admits to Killing Four Americans with Drones
- Israel scraps plan to uproot Bedouin – Middle East – Al Jazeera English
- Hate Group Ties Become Issue for Tony Perkins in Possible Run for Congress | Hatewatch ow.ly/2C5cxn 1 hour ago
- Italy's 'pitchfork protests,' in fourth day, spread to Rome > Strategic-Culture.org - Strategic Culture Foundation ow.ly/2C5dyB 1 hour ago
- Hate Group Ties Become Issue for Tony Perkins in Possible Run for Congress | Hatewatch - The reference to... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1131Bv1 2 hours ago
- "s’ record of extremism is drawing scrutiny even before he enters the race. He’s going to find, if he..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw112_mHt 2 hours ago
- Fatal air strike hits wedding convoy in Yemen - Middle East - Al Jazeera English ow.ly/2C5akr 2 hours ago