US bank Wells Fargo will pay at least, $$175m (£113m) to settle accusations that it discriminated against African-American and Hispanic borrowers, the Department of Justice said. The bank has been accused of charging non white customers higher interest rates and fees on mortgages than it charged white customers between 2004 and 2009. The bank denies the claims.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan newswire of the Aboriginal News Group.
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation and genocide.
- Police tap social media in wake of London attack – Strategy – Business – News – iTnews.com.au
- INTERNATIONAL – Muslim religious leaders deliver emotional prayer at Auschwitz for Holocaust dead
- Tornadoes Have Devastated American Indian Families in Oklahoma NEED HELP
- Sign reclaiming traditional name Pkols for Mount Douglas will stay for now – National – Times Colonist
- Idle No More & Defenders of the Land “Sovereignty Summer” Call To Action
- AFN to intervene in Tsilhqot’in title rights hearing | United First Nations ow.ly/2x8NfY 29 minutes ago
- "Coranderrk was an Indigenous Australian mission station set up in 1863 to provide land under the..." ow.ly/2x8NfZ 29 minutes ago
- Tornadoes Have Devastated American Indian Families in Oklahoma NEED HELP ow.ly/2x8NfX 29 minutes ago
- #INTERNATIONAL - #Muslim religious leaders deliver emotional #prayer at #Auschwitz for #Holocaust dead ow.ly/lnMP5 #Goodwill 32 minutes ago
- "In just ten months, the United States managed to transform an 82 year-old Catholic nun and two..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAwllFia- 33 minutes ago