The London-based rights organisation, Minority Rights Group International, in its latest annual survey of Aboriginal communities globally and released in Bangkok, says Australian Aboriginal communities “occupy the bottom rung” of a range of social indicators. Aboriginal Australians are also over-represented in the criminal justice system and are 14 times more likely to be sent to jail than non-Aboriginal people.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Malaysia’s Opposition Leader Anwar Ibrahim Awaits Sodomy Appeal Verdict
- Mum Shoplifted To Feed Family After ESA Stopped
- The thuggification of young black victims of white violence: Is thug the new n—-r?
- Verdacht auf Selbstjustiz – Hildburghäuser sollen Rumänen gejagt haben
- Israeli Occupation Forces Don’t See Palestinian People as People, Children as Children
- Autopsy of slain Missouri teen shows close-range gunshot | Reuters ow.ly/DiWQW 18 minutes ago
- Carey Gillam | Journalist Profile | Reuters.com ow.ly/DiWMf 18 minutes ago
- Dangerous war heroes on Ukraine’s political scene :: khpg.org ow.ly/2PDcJf 21 minutes ago
- cultureunseen: Back in the day, Harlem USA! - cultureunseen: Back in the day, Harlem USA! ow.ly/2PDb6g 23 minutes ago
- 4thWorldRadyo is in the Studio! Speak via Skype: 'aboriginalnewsgroup' as we discuss: #Ferguson #VonderritMyers & #WhitePanic 27 minutes ago