This extraordinary concentration of power and money in the global food trade has been identified by Oxfam in a new report this week as one of the structural flaws of the system. At each stage a handful of players dominate, not just in primary agriculture but in food manufacturing and retailing. The result, according to Oxfam, is that “they extract much of the value along the chain, while costs and risks cascade down on to the weakest participants, generally the farmers and labourers at the bottom”.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- Protest Planned Over Mandatory Vaccine Requirement in New York | Politicker
- How NSA Mass Surveillance is Hurting the US Economy | Electronic Frontier Foundation
- How the FBI Conspired to Destroy the Black Panther Party – In These Times
- Article: ALEC Claims to Control 100% of Iowa’s & South Dakota’s State Legislatures | OpEdNews
- Swiss clocks tick past banks’ deadline to disclose hidden assets to US — RT Business
- American Indian boarding schools - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - American Indian boarding schools -... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw10sV6B7 1 hour ago
- Photoset: thepeoplesrecord: Leonard Peltier on the passing of Nelson Mandela: Apartheid still exists in... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw10sQOaT 1 hour ago
- kristalryx-deactivated20131210 asked: Why are you do obsessed with my culture? Don't POC have their own? tmblr.co/Zu0CAw10sPmI_ 1 hour ago
- iloveancestry: REALITY CHECK: Canada & USA, when will you take responsibility for your inhuman behavior of... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw10sOyrD 1 hour ago
- The Massacre at El Mozote. - elrastrodetusangreenlanieve: This is the better write up I’ve ever read on... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw10sOlYO 1 hour ago