This extraordinary concentration of power and money in the global food trade has been identified by Oxfam in a new report this week as one of the structural flaws of the system. At each stage a handful of players dominate, not just in primary agriculture but in food manufacturing and retailing. The result, according to Oxfam, is that “they extract much of the value along the chain, while costs and risks cascade down on to the weakest participants, generally the farmers and labourers at the bottom”.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- Are ‘Blackwater’ now active in Ukraine? Videos spark talk that U.S. mercenary outfit has been deployed to Donetsk | Mail Online
- “Democratization” and Anti-Semitism in #Ukraine: When Neo-Nazi Symbols become “The New Normal” | Global Research
- Purple Rain blog: Senior Ukip members ‘backed pact with BNP’
- Media freedom under siege in #Crimea, #Ukraine, says OSCE representative – Representative on Freedom of the Media
- MACHETERO History Lesson
- Injuries And Mass Homelessness After Fire In Dar Paing ~ Rohingya Blogger ow.ly/2ExKz7 39 minutes ago
- Petition | I strongly oppose the use of native imagery and racial slurs as team mascots and nicknames. These displ... ow.ly/2ExKz8 39 minutes ago
- "RB News March 4, 2014 Chittagong, Bangladesh - 17 year old Samjidah, is a Rohingya girl living in Kutu..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw19cZryI 46 minutes ago
- RT @KColemanQNET: My blog post on the #Tyendinaga blockade was featured on @AboriginalPress today. Neat! aboriginalpress.wordpress.com/2014/03/07/tye… 1 hour ago
- "Today is International Women’s Day, and most garment workers are women,” Rainsy said. “They demand a.... ow.ly/2ExxsW 4 hours ago