This extraordinary concentration of power and money in the global food trade has been identified by Oxfam in a new report this week as one of the structural flaws of the system. At each stage a handful of players dominate, not just in primary agriculture but in food manufacturing and retailing. The result, according to Oxfam, is that “they extract much of the value along the chain, while costs and risks cascade down on to the weakest participants, generally the farmers and labourers at the bottom”.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Lindsey Graham promises results for white men | MSNBC
- Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination
- Ferguson police violence the latest indication of United States’ deteriorating human rights situation
- At the UN, Obama invokes Ferguson: ‘We welcome the scrutiny of the world’ – The Washington Post
- Welcome To The War On Drugs
- Stormfront | Southern Poverty Law Center ow.ly/DEGtZ #AntiFa 3 hours ago
- UN racism watchdog urges US to stop police brutality - Chicago Tribune ow.ly/2Q00CD 3 hours ago
- HEIDEGGER'S CHILDREN: The Strange Rebirth of Anglo-Christian Extremism In The West ow.ly/DEAV9 #WhiteSupremacy #Fascism #FarRight 4 hours ago
- American Racial Discrimination on the Docket at the United Nations - NPQ - Nonprofit Quarterly ow.ly/2PZCH5 6 hours ago
- Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination - Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination:@The... ow.ly/2PZCH6 6 hours ago