Tunisias ex-strongman Zine El Abidine Ben Ali has been sentenced in absentia to life in prison for complicity in the murders of 43 protesters in the 2011 revolution. Hedi Ayari, a judge from the Tunis military court, said Ben Ali was judged with around 40 of his former officials. General Ali Seriati, ex-head of presidential security, was given a 20-year prison term, AP reports. Former interior minister Rafik Belhaj Kacem got 15 years. The case against Ahmed Friaa, another former interior minister, was dismissed. Families of the victims said the sentences for Seriati and Kacem were too lenient.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- Pro-Palestinian campaigners hang banner from Westminster Bridge calling for end to Israel arms sales – London – News – London Evening Standard
- Mongolian PM’s senior advisor arrested by anti-corruption agency — China Development Gateway — Sharing Information, Knowledge and Tools
- Atlanta’s Emory University Hospital to receive patient infected with Ebola | Society | theguardian.com
- Elsipogtog man says RCMP officers visited home with questions about Facebook comment » APTN National News
- The Mismeasurez of Radical Afrocentrism: Indigenist Thoughtz on African Fascism and the Failure of Master Race Narratives
- United Nations Petitioned Re: Violation of Indigenous Prisoners’ Religious Freedoms by Gabe Galanda | Last Rea... ow.ly/2L2Mxz 9 hours ago
- "The United States used its military presence in the Mediterranean to escort its embassy personnel..." ow.ly/2L2Kl7 9 hours ago
- "The United States used its military presence in the Mediterranean to escort its embassy personnel and..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1N3XsXi 10 hours ago
- Neo-Nazis Travelling to Ukraine to Fight Against “Separatists” and Establish a “Fascist Dictatorship... ow.ly/2L2E6k 10 hours ago
- The fight for the Basque - aljazeera.net ow.ly/2L2E6j 10 hours ago