Tunisias ex-strongman Zine El Abidine Ben Ali has been sentenced in absentia to life in prison for complicity in the murders of 43 protesters in the 2011 revolution. Hedi Ayari, a judge from the Tunis military court, said Ben Ali was judged with around 40 of his former officials. General Ali Seriati, ex-head of presidential security, was given a 20-year prison term, AP reports. Former interior minister Rafik Belhaj Kacem got 15 years. The case against Ahmed Friaa, another former interior minister, was dismissed. Families of the victims said the sentences for Seriati and Kacem were too lenient.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- Seattle Cop Defends Killer of Michael Brown, Accuses Obama of Racism | Slog
- Many in Iran believe that the US invented Islamic State to counter Iran’s influence
- A list of unarmed Blacks killed by police
- Tennessee Pastor Robert Gallaty Suggests Gays ‘Must be Put to Death’ or Remain Celebate
- Roma in poorer health condition than average: report | EurActiv
- "Any historical appraisal of the eugenics movement needs to step carefully to avoid imposing the..." ow.ly/2NqRRr 3 days ago
- "Any historical appraisal of the eugenics movement needs to step carefully to avoid imposing the values..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1QhAnie 3 days ago
- "Eugenicists believed genetics were the cause of problems for the human gene pool. Eugenics stated that..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1Qh8ee3 3 days ago
- Obama Administration Says U.S. Is 'At War' With ISIS - NBC News.com ow.ly/Bs83V 3 days ago
- "In May 2012 five antifascists were arrested and, in early 2013, took non-cooperating plea deals for..." ow.ly/2Nqdqk 3 days ago