The report, issued by the U.N.’s Somalia Eritrea Monitoring Group (SEMG) and reviewed by The Daily Beast, details three covert U.S. programs to aid local Somali security services in their fight against Al-Shabab, the Somalia affiliate of al Qaeda. It says Central Intelligence Agency officers are helping the government of Puntland, a semi-autonomous region not recognized by the U.N., and U.S. special forces are fighting alongside Puntland soldiers. It also says the U.S. hasn’t notified the U.N. of these activities, as is required by the terms of the embargo. The U.S. helped establish the embargo in 1992 when Somalia erupted in a civil war.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Malaysia’s Opposition Leader Anwar Ibrahim Awaits Sodomy Appeal Verdict
- Mum Shoplifted To Feed Family After ESA Stopped
- The thuggification of young black victims of white violence: Is thug the new n—-r?
- Verdacht auf Selbstjustiz – Hildburghäuser sollen Rumänen gejagt haben
- Israeli Occupation Forces Don’t See Palestinian People as People, Children as Children
- Proteste gegen NPD in Wattenscheid angekündigt | Ruhrbarone - Proteste gegen NPD in Wattenscheid angek�ndigt | Ruh... ow.ly/2PDmZZ 7 minutes ago
- #LeonardPeltier 7 minutes ago
- On the Streets of America: Human Rights Abuses in Ferguson | Amnesty International USA ow.ly/2PDn00 8 minutes ago
- Guns in senior portraits OK if done tastefully, Nebraska school board says ow.ly/2PDltj 9 minutes ago
- Guns in senior portraits OK if done tastefully, Nebraska school board says - kohenari: Given everything... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1TxI4Vg 46 minutes ago