The report, issued by the U.N.’s Somalia Eritrea Monitoring Group (SEMG) and reviewed by The Daily Beast, details three covert U.S. programs to aid local Somali security services in their fight against Al-Shabab, the Somalia affiliate of al Qaeda. It says Central Intelligence Agency officers are helping the government of Puntland, a semi-autonomous region not recognized by the U.N., and U.S. special forces are fighting alongside Puntland soldiers. It also says the U.S. hasn’t notified the U.N. of these activities, as is required by the terms of the embargo. The U.S. helped establish the embargo in 1992 when Somalia erupted in a civil war.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- Decoding the Summer of Snowden | Cato Institute
- EUobserver.com / Justice & Home Affairs / British MEPs fail to stop Snowden video
- North Korean dictator Kim Jong-Un executes his uncle, declares him worse than a dog
- U.S. Government Formally Admits to Killing Four Americans with Drones
- Israel scraps plan to uproot Bedouin – Middle East – Al Jazeera English
- Hate Group Ties Become Issue for Tony Perkins in Possible Run for Congress | Hatewatch ow.ly/2C5cxn 10 hours ago
- Italy's 'pitchfork protests,' in fourth day, spread to Rome > Strategic-Culture.org - Strategic Culture Foundation ow.ly/2C5dyB 10 hours ago
- Hate Group Ties Become Issue for Tony Perkins in Possible Run for Congress | Hatewatch - The reference to... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1131Bv1 10 hours ago
- "s’ record of extremism is drawing scrutiny even before he enters the race. He’s going to find, if he..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw112_mHt 10 hours ago
- Fatal air strike hits wedding convoy in Yemen - Middle East - Al Jazeera English ow.ly/2C5akr 11 hours ago