“This was stunning cowardice by the Obama administration, which at the last minute did an about-face and scuttled progress toward a global arms treaty, just as it reached the finish line,” said Suzanne Nossel, executive director of Amnesty International USA. “It’s a staggering abdication of leadership by the world’s largest exporter of conventional weapons to pull the plug on the talks just as they were nearing an historic breakthrough.”
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan newswire of the Aboriginal News Group.
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation and genocide.
- "Sometimes, white privilege isn’t about stuff. It’s not always about better opportunities, or more..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAwldBSHe 1 hour ago
- What a shitty day. - esoteric-surgery: Today has been completely shit. All I’ve seen today is a fuck load of... tmblr.co/Zu0CAwldASj3 1 hour ago
- Guatemala: indignation après l'annulation de la condamnation de Rios Montt - LExpress.fr ow.ly/2x5tNt 2 hours ago
- “Lhasa's Tibetans will soon be nothing but decorations for tourists” | The Observers ow.ly/2x5tNu 2 hours ago
- Woolwich 'Beheading' Attack: EDL Stages Ugly Protest at Scene (EXCLUSIVE PICS) - IBTimes UK ow.ly/2x5tNs 2 hours ago