“This was stunning cowardice by the Obama administration, which at the last minute did an about-face and scuttled progress toward a global arms treaty, just as it reached the finish line,” said Suzanne Nossel, executive director of Amnesty International USA. “It’s a staggering abdication of leadership by the world’s largest exporter of conventional weapons to pull the plug on the talks just as they were nearing an historic breakthrough.”
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Malaysia’s Opposition Leader Anwar Ibrahim Awaits Sodomy Appeal Verdict
- Mum Shoplifted To Feed Family After ESA Stopped
- The thuggification of young black victims of white violence: Is thug the new n—-r?
- Verdacht auf Selbstjustiz – Hildburghäuser sollen Rumänen gejagt haben
- Israeli Occupation Forces Don’t See Palestinian People as People, Children as Children
- Proteste gegen NPD in Wattenscheid angekündigt | Ruhrbarone - Proteste gegen NPD in Wattenscheid angek�ndigt | Ruh... ow.ly/2PDmZZ 2 hours ago
- #LeonardPeltier 2 hours ago
- On the Streets of America: Human Rights Abuses in Ferguson | Amnesty International USA ow.ly/2PDn00 2 hours ago
- Guns in senior portraits OK if done tastefully, Nebraska school board says ow.ly/2PDltj 2 hours ago
- Guns in senior portraits OK if done tastefully, Nebraska school board says - kohenari: Given everything... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1TxI4Vg 3 hours ago