“This was stunning cowardice by the Obama administration, which at the last minute did an about-face and scuttled progress toward a global arms treaty, just as it reached the finish line,” said Suzanne Nossel, executive director of Amnesty International USA. “It’s a staggering abdication of leadership by the world’s largest exporter of conventional weapons to pull the plug on the talks just as they were nearing an historic breakthrough.”
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- Muslim protest in Germany against jihadists | News | DW.DE | 19.09.2014 ow.ly/2NNRFz 39 minutes ago
- Are Myanmar's reforms backsliding? - Features - Al Jazeera English ow.ly/2NNRFx 39 minutes ago
- "But even in this moment of nerd triumphalism, not everyone has made it out of the margins: The major..." ow.ly/2NNQ4N 42 minutes ago
- "But even in this moment of nerd triumphalism, not everyone has made it out of the margins: The major..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1RB0wzf 1 hour ago
- Photo: fuckyeahmarxismleninism: #FreeVlad Attention! Our comrades, Vladislav Wojciechowski and Nikolai... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1RB0sKx 1 hour ago