After we read through the Advisory Board documents, we quickly sent Open Records requests to several of the states involved in the pilot program. The documents we received from Maryland and Hawaii further flesh out the story. For example, the Memorandum of Understanding MOU between Hawaii and the FBI shows that the government is building NGI to “permit photo submissions independent of arrests.” This is a problem because, the FBI has stated it wants to use its facial recognition system to “identify subjects in public datasets” and “conduct automated surveillance at lookout locations” p.5. This suggests the FBI wants to be able to search and identify people in photos of crowds and in pictures posted on social media sites—even if the people in those photos haven’t been arrested for or even suspected of a crime. The FBI may also want to incorporate those crowd or social media photos into its face recognition database.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- Decoding the Summer of Snowden | Cato Institute
- EUobserver.com / Justice & Home Affairs / British MEPs fail to stop Snowden video
- North Korean dictator Kim Jong-Un executes his uncle, declares him worse than a dog
- U.S. Government Formally Admits to Killing Four Americans with Drones
- Israel scraps plan to uproot Bedouin – Middle East – Al Jazeera English
- Hate Group Ties Become Issue for Tony Perkins in Possible Run for Congress | Hatewatch ow.ly/2C5cxn 11 hours ago
- Italy's 'pitchfork protests,' in fourth day, spread to Rome > Strategic-Culture.org - Strategic Culture Foundation ow.ly/2C5dyB 11 hours ago
- Hate Group Ties Become Issue for Tony Perkins in Possible Run for Congress | Hatewatch - The reference to... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1131Bv1 11 hours ago
- "s’ record of extremism is drawing scrutiny even before he enters the race. He’s going to find, if he..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw112_mHt 12 hours ago
- Fatal air strike hits wedding convoy in Yemen - Middle East - Al Jazeera English ow.ly/2C5akr 12 hours ago