After we read through the Advisory Board documents, we quickly sent Open Records requests to several of the states involved in the pilot program. The documents we received from Maryland and Hawaii further flesh out the story. For example, the Memorandum of Understanding MOU between Hawaii and the FBI shows that the government is building NGI to “permit photo submissions independent of arrests.” This is a problem because, the FBI has stated it wants to use its facial recognition system to “identify subjects in public datasets” and “conduct automated surveillance at lookout locations” p.5. This suggests the FBI wants to be able to search and identify people in photos of crowds and in pictures posted on social media sites—even if the people in those photos haven’t been arrested for or even suspected of a crime. The FBI may also want to incorporate those crowd or social media photos into its face recognition database.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- Chomsky favors Scottish independence — Puppet Masters — Sott.net
- Snowden: If you live in New Zealand, you’re being watched — RT News
- Alan Henning: British Muslim leaders unite to urge Isis to release UK hostage – Home News – UK – The Independent
- Ukraine Chief To Meet Obama, Biden, Kerry; Address Atlantic Council
- U.S. Congress Mulls $350 Million In Military Aid To Ukraine
- 2014 Gerald and Maas Suppressed News ow.ly/BFiqr 3 hours ago
- Common Rights: #Genocide Warnings and Updates ow.ly/BFioH 3 hours ago
- "Ultimately after about 60 days of fighting a cease-fire was finally agreed. With the PLO agreeing to..." ow.ly/2NKHtO 3 hours ago
- "Ultimately after about 60 days of fighting a cease-fire was finally agreed. With the PLO agreeing to..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1R7aap8 4 hours ago
- arabrhizome.tumblr.com/post/978318312… ow.ly/2NKlpf 4 hours ago