After we read through the Advisory Board documents, we quickly sent Open Records requests to several of the states involved in the pilot program. The documents we received from Maryland and Hawaii further flesh out the story. For example, the Memorandum of Understanding MOU between Hawaii and the FBI shows that the government is building NGI to “permit photo submissions independent of arrests.” This is a problem because, the FBI has stated it wants to use its facial recognition system to “identify subjects in public datasets” and “conduct automated surveillance at lookout locations” p.5. This suggests the FBI wants to be able to search and identify people in photos of crowds and in pictures posted on social media sites—even if the people in those photos haven’t been arrested for or even suspected of a crime. The FBI may also want to incorporate those crowd or social media photos into its face recognition database.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- Gaza’s sheer destruction; 1000 Palestinians killed
- IMMIGRATION + INTERVIEW + AUDIO: The Child Migrant Crisis | Neo-Griot
- Spike Lee Creates Video About NYPD Chokehold Incident Involving Eric Garner | Afro
- Police forcibly strip, lock up, pepper-spray Indiana woman VIDEO — RT USA
- Report: Germany to reject EU-Canada trade deal – The Globe and Mail
- Revealed: the #Palestinian children killed by Israeli forces - Telegraph ow.ly/zC73M #Gaza #Genocide 14 minutes ago
- "The Civilian Complaint Review Board has received charges of about 1,022 instances since 2009 in which..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1MZ2FvI 38 minutes ago
- Gaza and Israel Crisis : Open letter to Foreign Minister John Baird on international humanitarian law... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1MY_Gn5 53 minutes ago
- "“It’s been a long fight,” said resident Andy Jones after a 6-1 city council vote on Monday to approve..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1MY_4NQ 54 minutes ago
- "Ted Nugent, is scheduled to perform at the Wagner Noel Performing Art’s Center on August 17th,..." ow.ly/2KKw5k 1 hour ago