After we read through the Advisory Board documents, we quickly sent Open Records requests to several of the states involved in the pilot program. The documents we received from Maryland and Hawaii further flesh out the story. For example, the Memorandum of Understanding MOU between Hawaii and the FBI shows that the government is building NGI to “permit photo submissions independent of arrests.” This is a problem because, the FBI has stated it wants to use its facial recognition system to “identify subjects in public datasets” and “conduct automated surveillance at lookout locations” p.5. This suggests the FBI wants to be able to search and identify people in photos of crowds and in pictures posted on social media sites—even if the people in those photos haven’t been arrested for or even suspected of a crime. The FBI may also want to incorporate those crowd or social media photos into its face recognition database.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- LISTEN: Alleged Kansas Gunman Frazier Glenn Miller Discusses the Tea Party, Obama, and Ron Paul | Mother Jones
- Report indicates that US aligned regimes are preparing for war — Puppet Masters — Sott.net
- Saudi princesses tortured for protesting regime’s anti-women policy
- Bringing Gunz To Protest Ralliez and Other Thingz You Can Only Get Away With If You’re White
- Food Banks: Geordie Greig’s Duranty Journalism
- Deconstructing Popular Activism and Absolutism Within the New Left : (04.03.2014) ow.ly/vYB8n 48 minutes ago
- Indigenismo Novaĵoservo’s Delicious Annual Stats ow.ly/vYv1d 2 hours ago
- @apnsnewswire – Delicious ow.ly/vYuJb 2 hours ago
- APNS Public Radyo | #Indigenist Media for Intelligent #Aboriginals ow.ly/vYuCk 2 hours ago
- #Twitter blocks accounts of users critical of Turkish prime minister | The Raw Story ow.ly/vYs5F 3 hours ago