Salem-News.comA US newspaper has revealed that the FBI has been raiding the houses of anti-Wall Street protesters in Oregon and Washington in what the agency describes an “ongoing violent crime investigation.”TEHRAN – The Oregonian newspaper reported that heavily-armed domestic terrorism units of the FBI have been raiding the homes of activists in Seattle and Olympia, Washington and Portland, Oregon over the last month.The report said that at least six homes have been raided in the two states since July 10.The FBI has described the raids as part of an ongoing violent crime investigation, linked to last year’s Occupy May Day protests, during which a number of minor acts of vandalism allegedly took place.In one of the raids, eyewitnesses reported as many as 80 agents in body armor, wearing military fatigues, and armed with assault rifles participated in the raid.“I just heard lots of pounding at 6 o’clock, and I got up and I saw the whole thing,” said one of the eyewitnesses, adding, “I saw them screaming to get in. They were using the battering ram, and then finally the door just opened.”FBI spokeswoman Beth Anne Steele told the newspaper, “The warrants are sealed… and I anticipate they will remain sealed.”
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan newswire of the Aboriginal News Group.
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation and genocide.
- Police raids cause generational damage: waateanews.com
- Police commissioner defends raid decisions
- Why Are Republicans So Riled Up About Obama’s Justice Department Reading a Reporter’s E-mails When They Cheered the Bush Administration For Doing the Same Thing? | Vanity Fair
- Wanting To Be Indian
- Obama Administration Admits Drone Attacks Killed 4 US Citizens | Common Dreams
- "Although sexual violence has decreased nationwide over the past two decades, that downward trend cannot..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAwlfAo98 1 hour ago
- "British Muslims “disown” the Woolwich murderers, and such extremists should be “totally demolished” in..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAwlfAZCe 1 hour ago
- "The IRR has, since 1991, been documenting murders with a suspected or known racial element.* This..." ow.ly/2x5SKo 9 hours ago
- "The IRR has, since 1991, been documenting murders with a suspected or known racial element.* This page..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAwldz77U 10 hours ago
- "How am I going to pay for my defence?” Const. Dameian Muirhead said Wednesday, shortly after he got the..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAwldy51U 10 hours ago