Salem-News.comA US newspaper has revealed that the FBI has been raiding the houses of anti-Wall Street protesters in Oregon and Washington in what the agency describes an “ongoing violent crime investigation.”TEHRAN – The Oregonian newspaper reported that heavily-armed domestic terrorism units of the FBI have been raiding the homes of activists in Seattle and Olympia, Washington and Portland, Oregon over the last month.The report said that at least six homes have been raided in the two states since July 10.The FBI has described the raids as part of an ongoing violent crime investigation, linked to last year’s Occupy May Day protests, during which a number of minor acts of vandalism allegedly took place.In one of the raids, eyewitnesses reported as many as 80 agents in body armor, wearing military fatigues, and armed with assault rifles participated in the raid.“I just heard lots of pounding at 6 o’clock, and I got up and I saw the whole thing,” said one of the eyewitnesses, adding, “I saw them screaming to get in. They were using the battering ram, and then finally the door just opened.”FBI spokeswoman Beth Anne Steele told the newspaper, “The warrants are sealed… and I anticipate they will remain sealed.”
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- More police departments considering the use of drones – baltimoresun.com
- How the US’s terrorism watchlists work – and how you could end up on one | World news | theguardian.com
- BBC News – Ex-US Navy officer who spied for Soviets dies in prison
- September 1-30, 2014: VIRTUAL ACTION EVENT 4 LEONARD PELTIER’S 70th BIRTHDAY
- This Installation’s Approach Towards Public Surveillance Data? Shred Everything | The Creators Project
- "When I think about Women’s Equality Day, I reflect on the power and significance of Black women..." ow.ly/2MKuNK 52 minutes ago
- Stop Law Enforcement Violence Toolkit | incite-national.org ow.ly/AXjxm #BlackTwitter 1 hour ago
- "When I think about Women’s Equality Day, I reflect on the power and significance of Black women..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1Pmo2iG 1 hour ago
- Israel extends detention of Palestinian for Facebook posts | Maan News Agency ow.ly/2MKnzk 1 hour ago
- "Survivors who managed to escape from ISIS say the women held in its prison in Mosul face two fates:..." ow.ly/2MKml9 1 hour ago