Declassified diplomatic cables from Australia’s embassy in Washington D.C., obtained through freedom of information requests filed by The Sydney Morning Herald, reveal that Australian officials have already begun laying the groundwork for the U.S. to pursue charges against WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange.The cables show that diplomats in Assange’s home country anticipate receipt of an extradition request for Assange once a secret U.S. grand jury wraps up its investigation. They expect it so fully that embassy staff even reached out to U.S. officials for “early advice” on the potential indictment and extradition request.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- We Must Address Racial Disparity In Police Shootings | The National Memo ow.ly/2PvMeh 1 hour ago
- "Yet, these accounts were reported as truth in the race to ‘scoop’ new details and inform..." ow.ly/2PvKGS 1 hour ago
- "Yet, these accounts were reported as truth in the race to ‘scoop’ new details and inform people of..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1TnhE-d 2 hours ago
- Mismeasures of Radical Afrocentrism: Indigenist Thoughts on African Fascism and the Failure of Master Race Narratives ow.ly/Dbzbe 2 hours ago
- Photoset: black-culture: Mike Brown Official Autopsy Report Leaked. Must read. #Ferguson tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1Tnab6R 2 hours ago