Declassified diplomatic cables from Australia’s embassy in Washington D.C., obtained through freedom of information requests filed by The Sydney Morning Herald, reveal that Australian officials have already begun laying the groundwork for the U.S. to pursue charges against WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange.The cables show that diplomats in Assange’s home country anticipate receipt of an extradition request for Assange once a secret U.S. grand jury wraps up its investigation. They expect it so fully that embassy staff even reached out to U.S. officials for “early advice” on the potential indictment and extradition request.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Saudi extremist funding ‘has been stopped completely,’ claims Prince Alwaleed
- Loyalists planned killings before and after ceasefire – Irish Republican News – Sat, Oct 18, 2014
- MH-17: THE UNTOLD STORY
- Are New Zealand MP’s Bullied Into Rubber Stamping War?
- Demonstrate against Canadian participation in the 3rd Iraq war SATURDAY Oct. 25 2:30 PM, US CONSULATE, Toronto
- Athens: Fascist bashed in Exarchia - Contra Info #AntiFa - Athens: Fascist bashed in Exarchia - Contra Info: On Mo... ow.ly/2PwO9B 6 hours ago
- McConaughey blitzed, defended for views on 'Redskins' - CNN.com ow.ly/2PwO9D 6 hours ago
- 14 Facts about Torture in Mexico | Amnesty International USA ow.ly/2PwO9C 6 hours ago
- Let’s just point out the stupidity in this: why would Blue come... ow.ly/2PwM0l 6 hours ago
- DNA of Indigenous Women Protects Hispanic Women in US from Breast Cancer | News | teleSUR ow.ly/2PwFS3 7 hours ago