Declassified diplomatic cables from Australia’s embassy in Washington D.C., obtained through freedom of information requests filed by The Sydney Morning Herald, reveal that Australian officials have already begun laying the groundwork for the U.S. to pursue charges against WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange.The cables show that diplomats in Assange’s home country anticipate receipt of an extradition request for Assange once a secret U.S. grand jury wraps up its investigation. They expect it so fully that embassy staff even reached out to U.S. officials for “early advice” on the potential indictment and extradition request.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- Android security mystery – ‘fake’ cellphone towers found in U.S.
- Jennifer Lawrence, other celebs’ pictures leaked: FBI addressing the matter – CBS News
- More police departments considering the use of drones – baltimoresun.com
- How the US’s terrorism watchlists work – and how you could end up on one | World news | theguardian.com
- BBC News – Ex-US Navy officer who spied for Soviets dies in prison
- "Speaking to a group of 40 potential Ukip council and parliamentary candidates he said: “Look back to..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1Pp2ICW 1 hour ago
- "It was “abhorrent” British citizens had “declared their allegiance” to groups like Islamic State, he..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1Po-cBS 1 hour ago
- Stop Law Enforcement Violence Toolkit | incite-national.org ow.ly/2MKEZx 7 hours ago
- "When I think about Women’s Equality Day, I reflect on the power and significance of Black women..." ow.ly/2MKuNK 8 hours ago
- Stop Law Enforcement Violence Toolkit | incite-national.org ow.ly/AXjxm #BlackTwitter 8 hours ago