Declassified diplomatic cables from Australia’s embassy in Washington D.C., obtained through freedom of information requests filed by The Sydney Morning Herald, reveal that Australian officials have already begun laying the groundwork for the U.S. to pursue charges against WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange.The cables show that diplomats in Assange’s home country anticipate receipt of an extradition request for Assange once a secret U.S. grand jury wraps up its investigation. They expect it so fully that embassy staff even reached out to U.S. officials for “early advice” on the potential indictment and extradition request.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- CIA accused of spying on Congress over torture report — RT USA
- National inventory of hate groups ranks Texas near top, with 8 in Houston – Houston Chronicle
- British convict says he met Bin Laden ‘20 to 50 times’ | GulfNews.com
- Experian Lapse Allowed ID Theft Service Access to 200 Million Consumer Records — Krebs on Security
- Federal Official Declares That Anyone Who Speaks Out Against Lie Detector Tests Should Be Criminally Investigated | Techdirt
- "On August 17, 1975 Senator Frank Church stated on NBC’s Meet the Press without mentioning the name of..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw19soukP 2 minutes ago
- "One of the four persons originally held was released unconditionally Saturday, while three were held..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw19s9LCI 1 hour ago
- "Volunteers from self-defense units are taking an oath of allegiance to the people of Crimea as the..." ow.ly/2ECro8 2 hours ago
- If U want 2 discuss the neo-Nazi problem in #Ukraine 4thWorldRadyo is taking calls via Skype: 'aboriginalnewsgroup' ow.ly/uu41H 2 hours ago
- #Tyendinaga rail blockade leads to 3 arrests | Warrior Publications ow.ly/utYHO #IdleNoMore #FirstNations 2 hours ago