Press TV – Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez has warned the British government about “severe consequences” of a potential breach of the diplomatic status of the Ecuadorian embassy in London.In a speech on a national television on Monday August 20, Chavez threatened Britain with radical measures if its authorities break into the Ecuadorian Embassy in the UK capital to arrest WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange.Emphasizing that that the Ecuadorian government is not alone, he said, “If Britain decides to violate the sovereignty of Ecuador, our response will be radical. We advise the British government to think well over this since the epoch, when empires did whatever they wanted to, is long over.”On Thursday August 16, Ecuadorian Foreign Minister Ricardo Patino announced that the South American country has decided to grant Assange political asylum.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- Seattle Cop Defends Killer of Michael Brown, Accuses Obama of Racism | Slog
- Many in Iran believe that the US invented Islamic State to counter Iran’s influence
- A list of unarmed Blacks killed by police
- Tennessee Pastor Robert Gallaty Suggests Gays ‘Must be Put to Death’ or Remain Celebate
- Roma in poorer health condition than average: report | EurActiv
- "Any historical appraisal of the eugenics movement needs to step carefully to avoid imposing the..." ow.ly/2NqRRr 2 days ago
- "Any historical appraisal of the eugenics movement needs to step carefully to avoid imposing the values..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1QhAnie 2 days ago
- "Eugenicists believed genetics were the cause of problems for the human gene pool. Eugenics stated that..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1Qh8ee3 2 days ago
- Obama Administration Says U.S. Is 'At War' With ISIS - NBC News.com ow.ly/Bs83V 2 days ago
- "In May 2012 five antifascists were arrested and, in early 2013, took non-cooperating plea deals for..." ow.ly/2Nqdqk 2 days ago