Press TV – Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez has warned the British government about “severe consequences” of a potential breach of the diplomatic status of the Ecuadorian embassy in London.In a speech on a national television on Monday August 20, Chavez threatened Britain with radical measures if its authorities break into the Ecuadorian Embassy in the UK capital to arrest WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange.Emphasizing that that the Ecuadorian government is not alone, he said, “If Britain decides to violate the sovereignty of Ecuador, our response will be radical. We advise the British government to think well over this since the epoch, when empires did whatever they wanted to, is long over.”On Thursday August 16, Ecuadorian Foreign Minister Ricardo Patino announced that the South American country has decided to grant Assange political asylum.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- "Yet, these accounts were reported as truth in the race to ‘scoop’ new details and inform people of..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1TnhE-d 56 minutes ago
- Mismeasures of Radical Afrocentrism: Indigenist Thoughts on African Fascism and the Failure of Master Race Narratives ow.ly/Dbzbe 1 hour ago
- Photoset: black-culture: Mike Brown Official Autopsy Report Leaked. Must read. #Ferguson tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1Tnab6R 1 hour ago
- Photo: globalvoices: "To supply two water cannon trucks to be used against demonstrations. The said trucks... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1TnaM62 1 hour ago
- Photoset: nigerianostalgia: The Benin Expedition of 1897 was a punitive expedition by a United Kingdom... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1TnaC0u 1 hour ago