Press TV – Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez has warned the British government about “severe consequences” of a potential breach of the diplomatic status of the Ecuadorian embassy in London.In a speech on a national television on Monday August 20, Chavez threatened Britain with radical measures if its authorities break into the Ecuadorian Embassy in the UK capital to arrest WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange.Emphasizing that that the Ecuadorian government is not alone, he said, “If Britain decides to violate the sovereignty of Ecuador, our response will be radical. We advise the British government to think well over this since the epoch, when empires did whatever they wanted to, is long over.”On Thursday August 16, Ecuadorian Foreign Minister Ricardo Patino announced that the South American country has decided to grant Assange political asylum.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan newswire of the Aboriginal News Group.
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation and genocide.
- Why isn't it hate speech if it's about women?
- Police tap social media in wake of London attack – Strategy – Business – News – iTnews.com.au
- INTERNATIONAL – Muslim religious leaders deliver emotional prayer at Auschwitz for Holocaust dead
- Tornadoes Have Devastated American Indian Families in Oklahoma NEED HELP
- Sign reclaiming traditional name Pkols for Mount Douglas will stay for now – National – Times Colonist
- Two more Angels of Woolwich revealed: Mother and daughter comforted murdered soldier in his final moments because ... ow.ly/2x8Xxc 13 hours ago
- Right-Wing Nationalists Rev Up For Anti-Muslim Weekend Action in UK - Vocativ ow.ly/2x8PsR 14 hours ago
- Two more Angels of Woolwich revealed: Mother and daughter comforted murdered soldier in his final moments... tmblr.co/Zu0CAwllOFc_ 14 hours ago
- Google map of all attacks on Mosques since Woolwich tmblr.co/Zu0CAwllO34C 14 hours ago
- PEACE BE UPON YOU: MCB Leads a Delegation of Community Leaders to Pay Respects After Woolwich Attack -... tmblr.co/Zu0CAwllNoiH 15 hours ago