A PROMINENT Papua New Guinea politician says he will take legal action to stop Manus Island detention centre being reopened to house asylum seekers. National Capital District Governor Powes Parkop, a member of Prime Minister Peter ONeills coalition government, says a detention centre contradicts PNGs law and culture.”You cannot detain people here in PNG – even if they are aliens from outer space – we cannot detain them indefinitely,” Mr Parkop says.”Thats the law in PNG. It isnt in our culture to lock people up without a charge.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- Henry Kissinger: To settle the Ukraine crisis, start at the end – The Washington Post
- You Know Who Else Collected Metadata? The Stasi. – ProPublica
- Print Friendly: Kerry’s threats vs Russia unacceptable, West sides with neo-Nazis –Russian FM
- Организация Объединённых Наций: Помогите искоренить профашистских террористов захвативших власть в Украине.
- Slough antifascist demo, 01.02.2014 (Photos)
- "March 3, 2014 Ukraine: with the takeover by the Ukraine’s (U.S. supported) extreme right..." ow.ly/2EwsFp 1 hour ago
- 2014 Gerald and Maas Suppressed News: March 3, 2014 #Ukraine: ow.ly/2Ewjh4 4 hours ago
- I CARE - - RABBI DESCRIBES ATTACK ON KIEV'S CENTRAL SYNAGOGUE AS A 'POGROM' (Ukraine) ow.ly/2Ewjh5 4 hours ago
- "March 3, 2014 Ukraine: with the takeover by the Ukraine’s (U.S. supported) extreme right wing party,..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw19WNPnn 5 hours ago
- "Black people themselves are still mad about being slaves which happened 100 years ago, they refuse..." ow.ly/2EweuE 5 hours ago