Pakistani police arrested an Imam on Sunday over accusations he had planted evidence on a Christian girl accused of burning a Koran, allegedly to frame her. Witnesses say the cleric tore pages from the Koran and planted them in the girl’s bag.Imam Khalid Chishti had previously presented police with evidence that Rimsha Masih – a Christian girl believed to be 11 to 14 years old who may also be mentally disabled – had committed blasphemy by burning pages of the Koran. He was arrested on Sunday after witnesses claimed he had falsified the evidence. “The imam was arrested after his deputy Maulvi Zubair and two others told a magistrate he added pages from the Koran to the burnt pages brought to him by a witness,” AFP quoted police official Munir Hussain Jafri as saying.“They protested that he should not add something to the evidence and he should give the evidence to the police as he got it and should not do this,” Jaffri said.Chishti allegedly responded by saying, “You know this is the only way to expel the Christians from this area.”Masihs arrest in August on blasphemy charges prompted international concern. Masih was accused by Chishti and others of burning pages of the Koran, an offense punishable by death under Pakistan’s blasphemy laws. Masih’s age is unknown, but she is believed to be around 14. A government-appointed medical board concluded that she is developmentally disabled, the BBC reported.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- PressTV – Black population under attack by US system: Analyst
- Islamic State Beheading Video Watchers Get Arrest Warning From Met Police
- CSEC kept 66 ‘unintentionally’ obtained private communications – Politics – CBC News
- British Isis militant in James Foley video ‘guards foreign hostages in Syria’ | World news | theguardian.com
- KKK plans to employ US troops in training for upcoming race war VIDEO — RT USA
- PressTV - Black population under attack by US system: Analyst ow.ly/2M7Gmv 13 hours ago
- PressTV - Black population under attack by US system: Analyst ow.ly/Ayarf 14 hours ago
- "A large number of people in the US state of Missouri have held a demonstration outside the office of..." ow.ly/2M7oKp 14 hours ago
- "A large number of people in the US state of Missouri have held a demonstration outside the office of..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1OnTu_7 14 hours ago
- aclu-mo.org/download_file/… ow.ly/Ay9Cq 15 hours ago