In late August, the New York Times reported: “[T]he International Atomic Energy Agency reported an increase in the number of centrifuges that Iran has installed in an underground enrichment plant that is largely invulnerable to Israeli attack, but also indicated that Iran has converted some of its most highly enriched fuel to a form that would be difficult to use in a weapon.”Netanyahus insistence on the urgent need for an attack against Iran has so far met with resistance from Israels military leaders, who worry that such a high-risk strategy could fail, thus further undermining Israels strategic position as it struggles to reckon with the winds of changes sweeping through the region, from Egypt to Syria.Rhetorically, though, Netanyahu is relying on the age-old mantra, introduced by Israels first Prime Minister David Ben-Gurion, that the threat of a second Holocaust looms over Israel. He is doing so to conceal his true motives.First, Netanyahus right-wing government is under growing pressure from within Israel, facing growing bitterness at economic disparities as well as a lack of public confidence. Shifting the publics attention from inequality and the global financial crisis to a “national security threat” is a tried-and-true method to rally the nation and deflect anger from the Israeli political establishments own failings.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- PressTV – ISIL: We will attack Saudi Arabia during Eid al-Adha
- PressTV – US police force have become militarized: Analyst
- Disney files patent applications to use drones in its theme parks – Orlando Sentinel
- Cyber attack reveals data on at least 25,000 workers at the US Department of Homeland Security | The Verge
- BBC News – NSA and GCHQ agents ‘leak Tor bugs’, alleges developer
- snopes.com: #GeorgeZimmerman (was not) Arrested While Visiting #Ferguson ow.ly/ANNka #Hoax #FalseNews 17 minutes ago
- Hamas claims victory, celebration across Palestine | World War 4 Report ow.ly/2MxjpC 54 minutes ago
- 4thWorldRadyo: #Ferguson On My Mind: #BlackGenocide In North America Under Obama ow.ly/ANJBP #MikeBrown #11Shots #AntiFa 1 hour ago
- "The system is composed of fingerprint scanners stationed at the check-out counters, which will keep..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1PNmV4K 1 hour ago
- "According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the unemployment rate for black Americans is 11.4..." ow.ly/2MwN4w 3 hours ago