In late August, the New York Times reported: “[T]he International Atomic Energy Agency reported an increase in the number of centrifuges that Iran has installed in an underground enrichment plant that is largely invulnerable to Israeli attack, but also indicated that Iran has converted some of its most highly enriched fuel to a form that would be difficult to use in a weapon.”Netanyahus insistence on the urgent need for an attack against Iran has so far met with resistance from Israels military leaders, who worry that such a high-risk strategy could fail, thus further undermining Israels strategic position as it struggles to reckon with the winds of changes sweeping through the region, from Egypt to Syria.Rhetorically, though, Netanyahu is relying on the age-old mantra, introduced by Israels first Prime Minister David Ben-Gurion, that the threat of a second Holocaust looms over Israel. He is doing so to conceal his true motives.First, Netanyahus right-wing government is under growing pressure from within Israel, facing growing bitterness at economic disparities as well as a lack of public confidence. Shifting the publics attention from inequality and the global financial crisis to a “national security threat” is a tried-and-true method to rally the nation and deflect anger from the Israeli political establishments own failings.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- Saudi princesses tortured for protesting regime’s anti-women policy
- Bringing Gunz To Protest Ralliez and Other Thingz You Can Only Get Away With If You’re White
- Food Banks: Geordie Greig’s Duranty Journalism
- FBI facial records could contain 52 million images by next year
- Glenn Miller claims he was an FBI informant
- #Twitter blocks accounts of users critical of Turkish prime minister | The Raw Story ow.ly/vYs5F 1 hour ago
- Putin to US: It’s bad to read other people’s letters... - Putin to US: It’s bad to read ... ow.ly/2FAAyn 1 week ago
- "Flaherty was part of Mike Harris’ government in Ontario, whose cuts to water inspection services led..." ow.ly/2FAv3s 1 week ago
- International Coalition Supports El Salvador in Battle Against Canadian Mining Company | MiningWatch ow.ly/2FAxMV 1 week ago
- Video: Putin to US: It’s bad to read other people’s letters (by RT) — Europe should switch from promises to... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1Clx8yA 1 week ago