In late August, the New York Times reported: “[T]he International Atomic Energy Agency reported an increase in the number of centrifuges that Iran has installed in an underground enrichment plant that is largely invulnerable to Israeli attack, but also indicated that Iran has converted some of its most highly enriched fuel to a form that would be difficult to use in a weapon.”Netanyahus insistence on the urgent need for an attack against Iran has so far met with resistance from Israels military leaders, who worry that such a high-risk strategy could fail, thus further undermining Israels strategic position as it struggles to reckon with the winds of changes sweeping through the region, from Egypt to Syria.Rhetorically, though, Netanyahu is relying on the age-old mantra, introduced by Israels first Prime Minister David Ben-Gurion, that the threat of a second Holocaust looms over Israel. He is doing so to conceal his true motives.First, Netanyahus right-wing government is under growing pressure from within Israel, facing growing bitterness at economic disparities as well as a lack of public confidence. Shifting the publics attention from inequality and the global financial crisis to a “national security threat” is a tried-and-true method to rally the nation and deflect anger from the Israeli political establishments own failings.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- Are ‘Blackwater’ now active in Ukraine? Videos spark talk that U.S. mercenary outfit has been deployed to Donetsk | Mail Online
- “Democratization” and Anti-Semitism in #Ukraine: When Neo-Nazi Symbols become “The New Normal” | Global Research
- Purple Rain blog: Senior Ukip members ‘backed pact with BNP’
- Media freedom under siege in #Crimea, #Ukraine, says OSCE representative – Representative on Freedom of the Media
- MACHETERO History Lesson
- "Today is International Women’s Day, and most garment workers are women,” Rainsy said. “They demand a.... ow.ly/2ExxsW 2 hours ago
- Mohawks end CN Rail standoff after release of Cheyenne Fox's father, vow 'until the next time' | APTN National New... ow.ly/2Exz4p 2 hours ago
- 'Of Caucasians, Christians & Desperate White Men' ~ ow.ly/unZV6 / ow.ly/unZV7 #Fascism #Xenophobia #Religion 2 hours ago
- HEIDEGGER'S CHILDREN: The Strange Rebirth of Anglo-Christian Extremism In The West ow.ly/unZRf #Fascism #FarRight 2 hours ago
- "Today is International Women’s Day, and most garment workers are women,” Rainsy said. “They demand a..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw19bA8gu 3 hours ago