In Chile, thousands turned out for the country’s own 9/11 anniversary, the U.S.-backed overthrow of President Salvador Allende. On September 11, 1973, Allende died in the presidential palace in the coup that brought Augusto Pinochet to power. On Tuesday, protesters blocked traffic and set fire to security cameras after marching to commemorate Allende’s ouster.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- US/NATO: Heirs to the Nazi Germany’s script for Ukraine — Puppet Masters — Sott.net
- Australian jihadist who tweeted gruesome photo has long history of mental illness – The Washington Post
- Senate hearing to examine militarization of local and state police in Ferguson | Washington Watch | McClatchy DC
- Nobody Knows How Many Americans The Police Kill Each Year | FiveThirtyEight
- Glide — In the Moment: Glide Verifies Ferguson Shooting Recording
- ""Black children are still dying for our freedom," Howard said. "And it’s senseless. And..." ow.ly/2MCUUY 1 hour ago
- ""Black children are still dying for our freedom," Howard said. "And it’s senseless. And it’s unfair...." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1PVMa0l 3 hours ago
- westcoastnativenews - Did the Government of Ontario Lie to Stop a First Nation Elder’s Hunger Strike? ow.ly/2MBdkE 15 hours ago
- "“Oswald may have been a petty informer for the Bureau, receiving small sums of money in return for..." ow.ly/2MBbLr 15 hours ago
- "“Oswald may have been a petty informer for the Bureau, receiving small sums of money in return for..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1PSmPHY 16 hours ago