In Chile, thousands turned out for the country’s own 9/11 anniversary, the U.S.-backed overthrow of President Salvador Allende. On September 11, 1973, Allende died in the presidential palace in the coup that brought Augusto Pinochet to power. On Tuesday, protesters blocked traffic and set fire to security cameras after marching to commemorate Allende’s ouster.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan newswire of the Aboriginal News Group.
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation and genocide.
- US Congress H Rights Commission Hearing on Indonesia / West Papua streaming online.
- NYT: U.S. Formally Admits Killing 4 Americans In Drone Strikes | TPM LiveWire
- Prison Labor: Exposed
- Body of tortured Afghan unearthed near former US Special Forces base – report — RT News
- Joyner: Timothy McVeigh Was ‘Left-Wing’; Media Number One Terrorist Organization In The World | Right Wing Watch
- Guatemala: indignation après l'annulation de la condamnation de Rios Montt - LExpress.fr ow.ly/2x5tNt 14 minutes ago
- “Lhasa's Tibetans will soon be nothing but decorations for tourists” | The Observers ow.ly/2x5tNu 14 minutes ago
- Woolwich 'Beheading' Attack: EDL Stages Ugly Protest at Scene (EXCLUSIVE PICS) - IBTimes UK ow.ly/2x5tNs 14 minutes ago
- Woolwich: Riot Police Contain EDL Supporters - Woolwich: Riot Police Contain EDL Supporters: tequilapervz: Woolw... ow.ly/2x5tNv 14 minutes ago
- Woolwich: Riot Police Contain EDL Supporters - tequilapervz: Woolwich: Riot Police Contain EDL Supporters... tmblr.co/Zu0CAwlcho5F 1 hour ago