In Chile, thousands turned out for the country’s own 9/11 anniversary, the U.S.-backed overthrow of President Salvador Allende. On September 11, 1973, Allende died in the presidential palace in the coup that brought Augusto Pinochet to power. On Tuesday, protesters blocked traffic and set fire to security cameras after marching to commemorate Allende’s ouster.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- Cop Beats Schizophrenic Man to Death on Video, Faces 15 Years in Prison | The Free Thought Project
- White House reverses story on Obama living with Kenyan uncle in the 1980s – NBC Politics
- White House admits lying about Obama meeting Kenyan uncle – National Policy & Issues | Examiner.com
- Remembering the Montreal Massacre on campus: Problems and possibilities in 2013 | rabble.ca
- Six Things Nelson Mandela Believed That Most People Won’t Talk About | ThinkProgress
- Former KKK leader David Duke kicked out of Italy over his ‘socially dangerous racist views’ | FreakOutNati... ow.ly/2BYhBU 2 days ago
- "on July 19th, 1984, Dunnes Stores worker Mary Manning refused to check out a customer’s South African..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw10UWj10 2 days ago
- The #Genocide You Never Knew About - PolicyMic ow.ly/rxp9z 2 days ago
- 4thWorldRadyo: 'Thanks-Taking & the Progressive Stupidity of the Political Left' / ow.ly/rxoWJ #Redskin #Propaganda 2 days ago
- "Slavery had been invented. It soon became the dominant form of production among all peoples who were..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw10UPg4P 2 days ago