Chris Stevens, the U.S. Ambassador to Libya who was killed in an attack on September 11, was a member of the Chinook Nation of Washington.”To all of the Chinook members and all the friends of the Chinook Nation I am hopeful that you will include the family of Chris Stevens the former Ambassador to Libya that lost his life while working towards bringing lasting peace to the region, in your prayers. Chris, along with his family are Chinook members,” Chairman Ray Gardner said on Facebook yesterday.Stevens was killed in an attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi. He was 52.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- Pennsylvania Trooper Who Kicked in Handcuffed Man’s Teeth Didn’t Use Excessive Force, Jury Finds
- Radio-controlled helicopter had ‘serious risk of collision’ with jetliner at YVR
- ‘Environmental Injustice’: Minorities Face Nearly 40% More Exposure to Toxic Air Pollution | Common Dreams
- LISTEN: Alleged Kansas Gunman Frazier Glenn Miller Discusses the Tea Party, Obama, and Ron Paul | Mother Jones
- Report indicates that US aligned regimes are preparing for war — Puppet Masters — Sott.net
- thenationmagazine: Fuck Earth Day. No, really.@Fuck Earth Day.... ow.ly/2FVXAr 1 day ago
- #IdleNoMore ! #VAWA Mohawks begin direct action to force missing, murdered inquiry ow.ly/2FVRP4 1 day ago
- Arizona tribe set to prosecute first non-Indian under a new law - The Washington Post ow.ly/2FVVgI 1 day ago
- Kanehsatake: Mohawk Warriors face Canadian-style colonialism | Colours of Resistance Archive ow.ly/2FVVgJ 1 day ago
- MoveOn Petitions - Support Winnemem Cultural Survival - Tell Congress "No" to the Shasta Dam raise. ow.ly/2FVVgK 1 day ago