Source: IRIN MOMBASA, 14 September 2012 IRIN – Recent deadly clashes in Kenya stem from widespread economic frustration, chronic impunity and the ambitions of politicians seeking office, according to analysts and activists.As the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Navi Pillay noted, the timing of the latest clashes on the coast is alarming.“In Kenya, the recent inter-communal violence in the Tana River District, during which dozens were killed, including a large number of children and women, is a grim reminder of the 2007-08 events,” she said earlier this week, referring to the killings and displacement [ ] that followed the country’s last presidential poll.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan newswire of the Aboriginal News Group.
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation and genocide.
- Breaking News: Judge: Arizona Sheriff Arpaio violated rights of Hispanic drivers in illegal immigrant... tmblr.co/Zu0CAwlpLyLA 4 hours ago
- Debating the Legal Basis for the War on Terror - theemergencystate: A Pentagon official urged Congress not... tmblr.co/Zu0CAwlpLDYw 4 hours ago
- Video: climateadaptation: Discovery Channel exploits wolf killing, garners highest cable TV ratings among... tmblr.co/Zu0CAwlpL6xk 4 hours ago
- Discovery, Animal Planet, and History Channel exposed for killing animals for profit - climateadaptation:... tmblr.co/Zu0CAwlpK_Xu 4 hours ago
- How Billionaire David Koch Gets PBS To Dance, Monkey, Dance - For us, this old voiceover brings back... tmblr.co/Zu0CAwlpKkzP 4 hours ago