Source: IRIN MOMBASA, 14 September 2012 IRIN – Recent deadly clashes in Kenya stem from widespread economic frustration, chronic impunity and the ambitions of politicians seeking office, according to analysts and activists.As the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Navi Pillay noted, the timing of the latest clashes on the coast is alarming.“In Kenya, the recent inter-communal violence in the Tana River District, during which dozens were killed, including a large number of children and women, is a grim reminder of the 2007-08 events,” she said earlier this week, referring to the killings and displacement [ ] that followed the country’s last presidential poll.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- GOP Senate would be intel ally – By BURGESS EVERETT | 10/23/14 4:30 PM EDT Updated: 10/23/14 5:06 PM EDT
- Malaysia’s Opposition Leader Anwar Ibrahim Awaits Sodomy Appeal Verdict
- Mum Shoplifted To Feed Family After ESA Stopped
- The thuggification of young black victims of white violence: Is thug the new n—-r?
- Verdacht auf Selbstjustiz – Hildburghäuser sollen Rumänen gejagt haben
- A tiny town in Michigan will sell you a police badge and gun permit - Salon.com ow.ly/2PEk2z 11 hours ago
- #Ferguson: ow.ly/DjHla 11 hours ago
- Abu Ghraib torture and prisoner abuse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ow.ly/DjE16 12 hours ago
- jessehimself: KING TUT The Boy Pharaoh of Ancient Egypt is... ow.ly/2PEcku 12 hours ago
- The Consortium: Who Killed Martin Luther King? ow.ly/DjAHD #MLK 13 hours ago