Source: IRIN MOMBASA, 14 September 2012 IRIN – Recent deadly clashes in Kenya stem from widespread economic frustration, chronic impunity and the ambitions of politicians seeking office, according to analysts and activists.As the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Navi Pillay noted, the timing of the latest clashes on the coast is alarming.“In Kenya, the recent inter-communal violence in the Tana River District, during which dozens were killed, including a large number of children and women, is a grim reminder of the 2007-08 events,” she said earlier this week, referring to the killings and displacement [ ] that followed the country’s last presidential poll.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan newswire of the Aboriginal News Group.
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation and genocide.
- C.I.A. TIE REPORTED IN MANDELA ARREST – New York Times
- Mandela, the man once branded a ‘terrorist’ by the U.S. – Al Arabiya News
- | RIP: South Africa's Nelson Mandela dies in Johannesburg!
- FAO: Latin America and Caribbean Countries Lead the World in Hunger Reduction
- RCMP security for SWN frackers to top $4 million
- "‘The Natives you’ve known to be sympathetic to the cause are probably ones who’ve experienced..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw10PYGSS 1 hour ago
- ABORIGINAL NEWS GROUP STATEMENT ON THE PASSING OF NELSON MANDELA (MADIBA) ow.ly/2BXAQc 2 hours ago
- ABORIGINAL NEWS GROUP STATEMENT ON THE PASSING OF NELSON MANDELA (MADIBA) | APNS Int. ow.ly/rvnQ0 2 hours ago
- ABORIGINAL NEWS GROUP STATEMENT ON THE PASSING OF NELSON MANDELA (MADIBA) | APNS Int. - FOR IMMEDIATE... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw10P2Fr_ 3 hours ago
- "I’ve had several companies come in and they have said just the fact — just the fact — that in the..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw10P1gOE 3 hours ago