EL-FASHER16 Sep. -Health Minister of the Darfur Regional Authority, Osman El-Bushra, revealed the spread of diseases such as leprosy, scabies, tuberculosis, night blindness, river blindness, malaria, schistosomiasis and typhoid among the population of Darfur.He attributes the spread of these diseases to malnutrition, poverty, a lack of health and therapeutic institutions, and the deteriorating security situation in the region. El-Bushra described the spread of drug abuse as an “epidemic on the rise” in Darfur, stressing that the abuse is getting “out of control”. He appealed to the authorities to address these issues and not just deal with them through security measures.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- "Other Palestinians, including a doctor, even offered advice via Twitter to the protesters in..." ow.ly/2Mf1JT 12 hours ago
- ""This parade through the mainly nationalist village of Rasharkin breached Parades Commission rulings..." ow.ly/2MeTYI 13 hours ago
- "Other Palestinians, including a doctor, even offered advice via Twitter to the protesters in Ferguson..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1OxkkJu 13 hours ago
- ""This parade through the mainly nationalist village of Rasharkin breached Parades Commission rulings..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1OxhTxj 13 hours ago
- Call For Independent Inquiry of the Airplane Crash in Ukraine and its Catastrophic Aftermath | RootsAction ow.ly/2MdRTp 19 hours ago