EL-FASHER16 Sep. -Health Minister of the Darfur Regional Authority, Osman El-Bushra, revealed the spread of diseases such as leprosy, scabies, tuberculosis, night blindness, river blindness, malaria, schistosomiasis and typhoid among the population of Darfur.He attributes the spread of these diseases to malnutrition, poverty, a lack of health and therapeutic institutions, and the deteriorating security situation in the region. El-Bushra described the spread of drug abuse as an “epidemic on the rise” in Darfur, stressing that the abuse is getting “out of control”. He appealed to the authorities to address these issues and not just deal with them through security measures.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- "The first response is not to record information at all.” This is what was claimed when Vox Political..." ow.ly/2NBXxH 7 hours ago
- "The first response is not to record information at all.” This is what was claimed when Vox Political..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1Q-1m42 8 hours ago
- "A senior European Union official has revealed that some EU member states have purchased oil from..." ow.ly/2NBEMk 9 hours ago
- "A senior European Union official has revealed that some EU member states have purchased oil from ISIL..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1Q_WQaN 10 hours ago
- Oil and gas pollution committee quietly silenced - Oil and gas pollution committee quietly silenced : resi... ow.ly/2NBqrC 10 hours ago