The Obama administration has closed the books on prosecutions of those who violated our laws by authorizing and conducting the torture and abuse of prisoners in U.S. custody.Last year, Attorney General Eric Holder decided that his office would investigate only two incidents, in which CIA interrogations ended in deaths. He said the Justice Department “has determined that an expanded criminal investigation of the remaining matters is not warranted.” With that decision, Holder conferred amnesty on countless Bush officials, lawyers and interrogators who set and carried out a policy of cruel treatment.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan newswire of the Aboriginal News Group.
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation and genocide.
- Scotland, Farage and Me
- Fatima and Ahmed's Son: Albert Camus and the Liberal Dilemma
- 2,814 Deaths of the Mentally Ill in Police Custody, Zero Prosecutions: Where is the Justice?
- A major milestone: my 25th birthday!
- MADDOW: Fair Game to DISCLOSE NAMES of Republicans WHO LIED to ABC News – Democratic Underground
- Gradient Lair: A Black Man Asked "Whose 'Side' Are Black Women On?" - gradientlair: While I was perusing... tmblr.co/Zu0CAwlM_3Gz 55 minutes ago
- "Sebregondi spoke at a journalists’ training session at the weekend organised by Tanzania’s Legal and..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAwlMztzi 56 minutes ago
- "Labour groups here are stepping up pressure on US firms to sign a binding building safety agreement for..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAwlMtMMF 1 hour ago
- "The UN World Conference Against Racism held in Geneva, Switzerland April 20-24 was called the Durban..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAwlMrurH 1 hour ago
- "And understand this too if nothing else, Europe’s irrational intellectual belief in its own..." ow.ly/2wZQtq 1 hour ago