The Obama administration has closed the books on prosecutions of those who violated our laws by authorizing and conducting the torture and abuse of prisoners in U.S. custody.Last year, Attorney General Eric Holder decided that his office would investigate only two incidents, in which CIA interrogations ended in deaths. He said the Justice Department “has determined that an expanded criminal investigation of the remaining matters is not warranted.” With that decision, Holder conferred amnesty on countless Bush officials, lawyers and interrogators who set and carried out a policy of cruel treatment.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- California prison system agrees to end racial segregation — RT USA
- US decides against military tribunals for non-Guantánamo detainees | US news | theguardian.com
- TASS: World – WHO “reasonably confident” Ebola has not spread beyond West Africa
- Michael Brown smeared in United States media
- Lonko Juana Cuante de visita en Europa
- Australia: Aboriginal man dies in Casuarina Prison as hundreds rally around WA to protest deaths in custody | Warr... ow.ly/2PAa8w 7 hours ago
- "All Christians and people of good will are thus called today to struggle not only for abolition of..." ow.ly/2PA6nW 7 hours ago
- "All Christians and people of good will are thus called today to struggle not only for abolition of the..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1TtPTBI 7 hours ago
- Confirmed: 39 women illegally sterilized in California prisons — RT USA ow.ly/DfIMR #Genocide #HumanRights 8 hours ago
- TASS: World - Dozens of Poles protest in Warsaw against glorification of fascism in Ukraine ow.ly/2PzUea 8 hours ago