In a conference call with fellow evangelicals earlier this week, Texas Gov. Rick Perry R shared his thoughts on the origins of the constitutionally mandated separation of church and state. Rather than tracing the idea to the nation’s founders, Perry warned of a more nefarious source: Satan.“Satan runs across the world with his doubt and with his untruths and what have you and one of the untruths out there that is driven is that people of faith should not be involved in the public arena,” Perry said during the call on Tuesday, organized by the Rev. Rick Scarborough.Perry said the separation of religious and civic institutions in the U.S. began with a “narrative” that first took root in the 1960s.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- "The first response is not to record information at all.” This is what was claimed when Vox Political..." ow.ly/2NBXxH 3 hours ago
- "The first response is not to record information at all.” This is what was claimed when Vox Political..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1Q-1m42 4 hours ago
- "A senior European Union official has revealed that some EU member states have purchased oil from..." ow.ly/2NBEMk 5 hours ago
- "A senior European Union official has revealed that some EU member states have purchased oil from ISIL..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1Q_WQaN 6 hours ago
- Oil and gas pollution committee quietly silenced - Oil and gas pollution committee quietly silenced : resi... ow.ly/2NBqrC 6 hours ago