In a conference call with fellow evangelicals earlier this week, Texas Gov. Rick Perry R shared his thoughts on the origins of the constitutionally mandated separation of church and state. Rather than tracing the idea to the nation’s founders, Perry warned of a more nefarious source: Satan.“Satan runs across the world with his doubt and with his untruths and what have you and one of the untruths out there that is driven is that people of faith should not be involved in the public arena,” Perry said during the call on Tuesday, organized by the Rev. Rick Scarborough.Perry said the separation of religious and civic institutions in the U.S. began with a “narrative” that first took root in the 1960s.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Malaysia’s Opposition Leader Anwar Ibrahim Awaits Sodomy Appeal Verdict
- Mum Shoplifted To Feed Family After ESA Stopped
- The thuggification of young black victims of white violence: Is thug the new n—-r?
- Verdacht auf Selbstjustiz – Hildburghäuser sollen Rumänen gejagt haben
- Israeli Occupation Forces Don’t See Palestinian People as People, Children as Children
- Autopsy of slain Missouri teen shows close-range gunshot | Reuters ow.ly/DiWQW 18 minutes ago
- Carey Gillam | Journalist Profile | Reuters.com ow.ly/DiWMf 18 minutes ago
- Dangerous war heroes on Ukraine’s political scene :: khpg.org ow.ly/2PDcJf 21 minutes ago
- cultureunseen: Back in the day, Harlem USA! - cultureunseen: Back in the day, Harlem USA! ow.ly/2PDb6g 23 minutes ago
- 4thWorldRadyo is in the Studio! Speak via Skype: 'aboriginalnewsgroup' as we discuss: #Ferguson #VonderritMyers & #WhitePanic 27 minutes ago