The Italian authorities will be urged to end systematic housing discrimination against Roma across the country on Saturday 22 September, when thousands of Amnesty International supporters across the world take part in a Global Day of Action.Activists from Bermuda to Poland, from Iceland to Mali, will demand that Italian Prime Minister, Mario Monti, acts swiftly to stop the ongoing human rights violations suffered by Roma, including forced evictions and segregation.”Back in February Mario Monti’s government promised the European Union that it would stop segregation and promote access to adequate housing for Roma. More than six months have passed and nothing has been done to fulfil such promises,” said David Diaz-Jogeix, Deputy Director of Amnesty Internationals Europe and Central Asia Programme.Published earlier this month, the Amnesty International briefing On the edge: Roma, forced evictions and segregation in Italy highlights the fact that, despite Italy’s highest administrative court ruling 10 months ago that emergency laws known as the “Nomad Emergency” were unlawful, thousands of Roma continue to suffer violations of their right to adequate housing.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- US Now Admits it is Funding “Occupy Central” in Hong Kong | Global Research
- Cops Distribute Internet Safety Software That s Actually Unsafe Spyware – Hit & Run : Reason.com
- Bizarre GOP Ad Theorizes “Republicans Are People Too”
- The Little-Known Executive Order Behind Our ‘Collect It All’ Spy State
- NYU News : NYU Reacts: ISIS security threat
- 400 Bodies Found in Ukraine Mass Graves Are Evidence of War Crime. Lavrov | Global Research ow.ly/2OvqSr 7 hours ago
- The #Tories knew everything about abuse - Mirror Online ow.ly/CbqMy 7 hours ago
- "As official as it looks, ComputerCOP is actually just spyware, generally bought in bulk from a New..." ow.ly/2Ovluo 8 hours ago
- "As official as it looks, ComputerCOP is actually just spyware, generally bought in bulk from a New..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1S9BaV7 8 hours ago
- APNS Public Radyo | Indigenist Media for Intelligent #Aboriginals ow.ly/Cbo8d Be a Guest: 'aboriginalnewsgroup' via Skype 8 hours ago