The Italian authorities will be urged to end systematic housing discrimination against Roma across the country on Saturday 22 September, when thousands of Amnesty International supporters across the world take part in a Global Day of Action.Activists from Bermuda to Poland, from Iceland to Mali, will demand that Italian Prime Minister, Mario Monti, acts swiftly to stop the ongoing human rights violations suffered by Roma, including forced evictions and segregation.”Back in February Mario Monti’s government promised the European Union that it would stop segregation and promote access to adequate housing for Roma. More than six months have passed and nothing has been done to fulfil such promises,” said David Diaz-Jogeix, Deputy Director of Amnesty Internationals Europe and Central Asia Programme.Published earlier this month, the Amnesty International briefing On the edge: Roma, forced evictions and segregation in Italy highlights the fact that, despite Italy’s highest administrative court ruling 10 months ago that emergency laws known as the “Nomad Emergency” were unlawful, thousands of Roma continue to suffer violations of their right to adequate housing.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- This Installation’s Approach Towards Public Surveillance Data? Shred Everything | The Creators Project
- ISIS executions go viral; Nusra attacks Golan | World War 4 Report
- US/NATO: Heirs to the Nazi Germany’s script for Ukraine — Puppet Masters — Sott.net
- Australian jihadist who tweeted gruesome photo has long history of mental illness – The Washington Post
- Senate hearing to examine militarization of local and state police in Ferguson | Washington Watch | McClatchy DC
- Chemical Weapons Convention | Facing Tear Gas ow.ly/ASKlJ 1 hour ago
- Police officers who shot Indian teen get medals by Brandon Ecoffey* | Last Real Indians ow.ly/2MDz7m 5 hours ago
- "And so deciding whether sharing, or even watching, a video of a criminal act, created as a..." ow.ly/2MDxja 6 hours ago
- ""We know all too well that justice delayed is justice denied," said George Rutherford with the..." ow.ly/2MDnub 7 hours ago
- "And so deciding whether sharing, or even watching, a video of a criminal act, created as a deliberate..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1PWH8UY 7 hours ago