The Italian authorities will be urged to end systematic housing discrimination against Roma across the country on Saturday 22 September, when thousands of Amnesty International supporters across the world take part in a Global Day of Action.Activists from Bermuda to Poland, from Iceland to Mali, will demand that Italian Prime Minister, Mario Monti, acts swiftly to stop the ongoing human rights violations suffered by Roma, including forced evictions and segregation.”Back in February Mario Monti’s government promised the European Union that it would stop segregation and promote access to adequate housing for Roma. More than six months have passed and nothing has been done to fulfil such promises,” said David Diaz-Jogeix, Deputy Director of Amnesty Internationals Europe and Central Asia Programme.Published earlier this month, the Amnesty International briefing On the edge: Roma, forced evictions and segregation in Italy highlights the fact that, despite Italy’s highest administrative court ruling 10 months ago that emergency laws known as the “Nomad Emergency” were unlawful, thousands of Roma continue to suffer violations of their right to adequate housing.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Vonderrit Myers’ family releases autopsy, lawyers say findings conflict with police reports – St. Louis American: Local News
- ALERT! Mumia & Movement Are Under Attack: TAKE A STAND 10/21 -12/22
- US Police Corrupted By Mexico’s Cartels Along Border
- GOP Senate would be intel ally – By BURGESS EVERETT | 10/23/14 4:30 PM EDT Updated: 10/23/14 5:06 PM EDT
- Malaysia’s Opposition Leader Anwar Ibrahim Awaits Sodomy Appeal Verdict
- Archivo de destaques individuales : CMI-PR - Archivo de destaques individuales : CMI-PR - 1) En todo el mundo, per... ow.ly/2PFXlW 8 hours ago
- I CARE - - British man gets jail time for sending lawmaker anti-Semitic tweet ow.ly/2PFXlV 8 hours ago
- Blackwater Founder Remains Free and Rich While His Former Employees Go Down on Murder Charges - The Intercept ow.ly/2PFTKs 9 hours ago
- Canadian Government Seizes on Ottawa Shooting to Promote Militarist, Anti-democratic Agenda Information Clearing... ow.ly/2PFTKt 9 hours ago
- 4thWorldRadyo: #SocialJustice & #WrongfulConvictions w/ @FreeCalvinBuari & @Delaproser ow.ly/tbwu9 / http:/ow.ly/tbwuR 9 hours ago