While we in the civil liberties community disagree strongly with private investigator Steven Rambams admonition to “Get Over It,” after listening to him describe electronic surveillance powers its hard to disagree with the first part of the title of his talk: “Privacy Is Dead.” Part two of the talk is below.”Where you work, what your salary is, your criminal history, all the lawsuits youve been involved in, real property…everything youve ever purchased, everywhere youve ever been…Your information is worth money. Your privacy today isnt being invaded by big brother — its being invaded by big marketer,” he told an audience of hackers and privacy activists at HOPE 9 in New York during the summer of 2012.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- Obama & Holder Win Court Case, Keep Thousands in Prison Under Unfair 80s Crack Sentencing Laws | Black Agenda Report
- Police arrest two human parts dealers in Plateau – The Nigerian Telegraph
- Diné CARE Loses Suit to Force EPA to Impose New Rules on Navajo Generating Station
- Canada’s hidden tale of shame: Goar | Toronto Star
- The Split in Fanmi Lavalas:How and Why It Came About, and What It Portends
- "This is yet another black eye in the Keystone XL debacle. The State Department has utterly failed in..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw10xpvAY 20 minutes ago
- "Here are the materials so far in Ute Indian Tribe of the Uintah and Ouray Reservation v. State of Utah..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw10xndqD 26 minutes ago
- "First Nations are taking action on three fronts: They want a legal acknowledgment that the Crown..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw10xm5pC 30 minutes ago
- Amazon Watch ow.ly/2C2H4x 2 hours ago
- Canada's hidden tale of shame: Goar | Toronto Star ow.ly/2C2H4y 2 hours ago