Zombie PCs also often become spammers themselves, sending out dozens of infected emails to friends, or even people you don’t know – and building the botnets even further, as their criminal masters fade into the background.‘A huge amount of malware is still spread through email attachments,’ says Orla Cox. ‘Although there’s an increase in high-tech methods such as ‘drive-by downloads’, where infected advertising banners and websites are used to spread malicious software, the ‘traditional’ way of spreading infection via spam is still hugely popular.’‘The social engineering is becoming cleverer,’ says Cox. ‘You’ll receive a fake package order, fake invoices – but when you click on the attachment, your computer becomes infected.’Up-to-date protection software and an updated operating system such as Windows will help to defend against such infections before they occur – a much easier way to stay safe than the often-lengthy process of repairing the damage after it occurs.It’s also worth noting that law enforcement won’t treat you as a criminal if you are a victim of this sort of attack. But the best defence of all is, of course, not being a victim in the first place.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- Decoding the Summer of Snowden | Cato Institute
- EUobserver.com / Justice & Home Affairs / British MEPs fail to stop Snowden video
- North Korean dictator Kim Jong-Un executes his uncle, declares him worse than a dog
- U.S. Government Formally Admits to Killing Four Americans with Drones
- Israel scraps plan to uproot Bedouin – Middle East – Al Jazeera English
- Bill Bratton named next NYPD Comissioner: POC responses - eatenbyants: Today, mayor elect Bill de Blasio... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw116O5UX 17 minutes ago
- Photo: auto-zaography: Earl Sampson Stopped 258 Times In Four Years — All Cops Found Was Pot Nov 22, 2013... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw116O1O3 17 minutes ago
- Photo: kemetically-afrolatino: What The Next NYPD Commissioner Could Mean For Stop-And-Frisk or more like... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw116N_Jj 17 minutes ago
- Photo: ronan-aodhan: 5 YEARS OF VICTIMS OF POLICE VIOLENCE IN NEW YORK CITY The City of New York has... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw116Nukt 17 minutes ago
- Photo: blinkernyc: The Answer Isn’t Just A “Better Dosage” Of Stop And Frisk If Bill Bratton, Mayor-elect... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw116NkxW 18 minutes ago