Zombie PCs also often become spammers themselves, sending out dozens of infected emails to friends, or even people you don’t know – and building the botnets even further, as their criminal masters fade into the background.‘A huge amount of malware is still spread through email attachments,’ says Orla Cox. ‘Although there’s an increase in high-tech methods such as ‘drive-by downloads’, where infected advertising banners and websites are used to spread malicious software, the ‘traditional’ way of spreading infection via spam is still hugely popular.’‘The social engineering is becoming cleverer,’ says Cox. ‘You’ll receive a fake package order, fake invoices – but when you click on the attachment, your computer becomes infected.’Up-to-date protection software and an updated operating system such as Windows will help to defend against such infections before they occur – a much easier way to stay safe than the often-lengthy process of repairing the damage after it occurs.It’s also worth noting that law enforcement won’t treat you as a criminal if you are a victim of this sort of attack. But the best defence of all is, of course, not being a victim in the first place.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- This Installation’s Approach Towards Public Surveillance Data? Shred Everything | The Creators Project
- ISIS executions go viral; Nusra attacks Golan | World War 4 Report
- US/NATO: Heirs to the Nazi Germany’s script for Ukraine — Puppet Masters — Sott.net
- Australian jihadist who tweeted gruesome photo has long history of mental illness – The Washington Post
- Senate hearing to examine militarization of local and state police in Ferguson | Washington Watch | McClatchy DC
- Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons : 'Articles of the Chemical Weapons Convention' ow.ly/ASUbP 9 hours ago
- Chemical Weapons Convention | Facing Tear Gas ow.ly/ASKlJ 13 hours ago
- Police officers who shot Indian teen get medals by Brandon Ecoffey* | Last Real Indians ow.ly/2MDz7m 18 hours ago
- "And so deciding whether sharing, or even watching, a video of a criminal act, created as a..." ow.ly/2MDxja 18 hours ago
- ""We know all too well that justice delayed is justice denied," said George Rutherford with the..." ow.ly/2MDnub 19 hours ago