Zombie PCs also often become spammers themselves, sending out dozens of infected emails to friends, or even people you don’t know – and building the botnets even further, as their criminal masters fade into the background.‘A huge amount of malware is still spread through email attachments,’ says Orla Cox. ‘Although there’s an increase in high-tech methods such as ‘drive-by downloads’, where infected advertising banners and websites are used to spread malicious software, the ‘traditional’ way of spreading infection via spam is still hugely popular.’‘The social engineering is becoming cleverer,’ says Cox. ‘You’ll receive a fake package order, fake invoices – but when you click on the attachment, your computer becomes infected.’Up-to-date protection software and an updated operating system such as Windows will help to defend against such infections before they occur – a much easier way to stay safe than the often-lengthy process of repairing the damage after it occurs.It’s also worth noting that law enforcement won’t treat you as a criminal if you are a victim of this sort of attack. But the best defence of all is, of course, not being a victim in the first place.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- Are ‘Blackwater’ now active in Ukraine? Videos spark talk that U.S. mercenary outfit has been deployed to Donetsk | Mail Online
- “Democratization” and Anti-Semitism in #Ukraine: When Neo-Nazi Symbols become “The New Normal” | Global Research
- Purple Rain blog: Senior Ukip members ‘backed pact with BNP’
- Media freedom under siege in #Crimea, #Ukraine, says OSCE representative – Representative on Freedom of the Media
- MACHETERO History Lesson
- "The Muslim minority in Myanmar continues to face increasing persecution and hardship. They have no..." ow.ly/2ExTWS 3 hours ago
- Culture, not bars: seeking an urban healing lodge for Indigenous women | mediaINDIGENA ow.ly/2ExMro 7 hours ago
- "The Muslim minority in Myanmar continues to face increasing persecution and hardship. They have no..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw19cmNA2 7 hours ago
- Injuries And Mass Homelessness After Fire In Dar Paing ~ Rohingya Blogger ow.ly/2ExKz7 8 hours ago
- Petition | I strongly oppose the use of native imagery and racial slurs as team mascots and nicknames. These displ... ow.ly/2ExKz8 8 hours ago