Zombie PCs also often become spammers themselves, sending out dozens of infected emails to friends, or even people you don’t know – and building the botnets even further, as their criminal masters fade into the background.‘A huge amount of malware is still spread through email attachments,’ says Orla Cox. ‘Although there’s an increase in high-tech methods such as ‘drive-by downloads’, where infected advertising banners and websites are used to spread malicious software, the ‘traditional’ way of spreading infection via spam is still hugely popular.’‘The social engineering is becoming cleverer,’ says Cox. ‘You’ll receive a fake package order, fake invoices – but when you click on the attachment, your computer becomes infected.’Up-to-date protection software and an updated operating system such as Windows will help to defend against such infections before they occur – a much easier way to stay safe than the often-lengthy process of repairing the damage after it occurs.It’s also worth noting that law enforcement won’t treat you as a criminal if you are a victim of this sort of attack. But the best defence of all is, of course, not being a victim in the first place.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- Waiting for Goodlatte | TheHill
- Inside the FBI’s secret relationship with the military’s special operations – The Washington Post
- Surveillance is the Business Model of the Internet: Bruce Schneier | SecurityWeek.Com
- Inside the FBI’s secret relationship with US elite assassination team, JSOC | Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Fourth World Radyo: Talking Papua Merdeka! With Ronny Kareni and AKRockefeller | APNS Public Radyo
- Putin to US: It’s bad to read other people’s letters... - Putin to US: It’s bad to read ... ow.ly/2FAAyn 6 days ago
- "Flaherty was part of Mike Harris’ government in Ontario, whose cuts to water inspection services led..." ow.ly/2FAv3s 6 days ago
- International Coalition Supports El Salvador in Battle Against Canadian Mining Company | MiningWatch ow.ly/2FAxMV 6 days ago
- Video: Putin to US: It’s bad to read other people’s letters (by RT) — Europe should switch from promises to... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1Clx8yA 6 days ago
- 4thWorldRadyo: Deconstructing Popular Activism & Absolutism Within The New Left : (04.03.2014) ow.ly/vHtEQ #CancelColbert 6 days ago