By Richard Engel and Robert Windrem – NBC NewsUpdated: 11:14 a.m. ET — Deadly attacks on Iranian nuclear scientists are being carried out by an Iranian dissident group that is financed, trained and armed by Israel’s secret service, U.S. officials tell NBC News, confirming charges leveled by Iran’s leaders. ROCK CENTER EXCLUSIVE The group, the People’s Mujahedin of Iran, has long been designated as a terrorist group by the United States, accused of killing American servicemen and contractors in the 1970s and supporting the takeover of the U.S. Embassy in Tehran before breaking with the Iranian mullahs in 1980.The attacks, which have killed five Iranian nuclear scientists since 2007 and may have destroyed a missile research and development site, have been carried out in dramatic fashion, with motorcycle-borne assailants often attaching small magnetic bombs to the exterior of the victims’ cars.U.S. officials, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the Obama administration is aware of the assassination campaign but has no direct involvement.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- Canada’s hidden tale of shame: Goar | Toronto Star
- The Split in Fanmi Lavalas:How and Why It Came About, and What It Portends
- Man jailed for republican rioting – UTV Live News
- First Nations schools need a bigger boost, economist to warn chiefs – The Globe and Mail
- ALEC Members Refuse to Sign a Pledge Supporting Democracy
- Amazon Watch ow.ly/2C2H4x 1 hour ago
- Canada's hidden tale of shame: Goar | Toronto Star ow.ly/2C2H4y 1 hour ago
- Events | ACLU of Massachusetts ow.ly/2C2Dyr 2 hours ago
- First Nations schools need a bigger boost, economist to warn chiefs - The Globe and Mail ow.ly/2C2Dyq 2 hours ago
- "First Nations are taking action on three fronts: They want a legal acknowledgment that the Crown..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw10wcnKj 3 hours ago