The very idea that the theory of evolution is responsible for the idea that certain races or groups of people are superior to others is so historically inaccurate that it is almost impossible to believe that anyone today could even make such a claim. As we shall see, however, “God” has been the primary justification for the concept of the superiority of one group over another throughout history, not “Darwinism”. When Christopher Columbus and the Spanish Conquistadores engaged in the conquest of the Americas, they did do so under the direction of the Pope, and their slaughter and subjugation of all natives was justified through Christian theology. When Spanish conquerors came into contact with new groups of people they were required to read an article to them, in Spanish, called the Requerimiento. The Requerimiento stated that all men were descended from Adam and Eve, that the Catholic Church had been granted the right by God to rule all people, and that there was no way to deny the authority of the Pope. Those who resisted would be slaughtered or enslaved.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- "During the robbery Geldrich struck the male victim (later identified as Payne) with a table leg,..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw10lMOkz 35 minutes ago
- "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was restored amidst a highly contentious racial..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw10k-RZd 1 hour ago
- APNS Public Radyo | Indigenist Media for Intelligent Aboriginals ow.ly/rBbxN 2 hours ago
- "Evans is suing BP Products North America and nine individuals in her lawsuit, seeking unspecified..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw10khRu1 2 hours ago
- Former KKK leader David Duke kicked out of Italy over his ‘socially dangerous racist views’ | FreakOutNati... ow.ly/2BYhBU 2 days ago