The very idea that the theory of evolution is responsible for the idea that certain races or groups of people are superior to others is so historically inaccurate that it is almost impossible to believe that anyone today could even make such a claim. As we shall see, however, “God” has been the primary justification for the concept of the superiority of one group over another throughout history, not “Darwinism”. When Christopher Columbus and the Spanish Conquistadores engaged in the conquest of the Americas, they did do so under the direction of the Pope, and their slaughter and subjugation of all natives was justified through Christian theology. When Spanish conquerors came into contact with new groups of people they were required to read an article to them, in Spanish, called the Requerimiento. The Requerimiento stated that all men were descended from Adam and Eve, that the Catholic Church had been granted the right by God to rule all people, and that there was no way to deny the authority of the Pope. Those who resisted would be slaughtered or enslaved.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- KKK plans to employ US troops in training for upcoming race war VIDEO — RT USA
- DoD: Military Equipment Helps Local Police Do Their Job
- Saginaw sheriff dumping military vehicle made fun of by HBO comedy show | MLive.com
- President Obama sending AG Holder to Ferguson, Remarks on Ferguson Today
- National Guard Sent To Ferguson After Night Of “Molotov Cocktails, Shootings, Looting And Vandalism ” | Zero Hedge
- AVAAZ spreads Tutu's message to divest from Israel and free Palestine - Sabbah Report ow.ly/2M6aVo 17 minutes ago
- Amnesty International Takes “Unprecedented” U.S. Action In Ferguson - Democratic Underground ow.ly/2M4j02 11 hours ago
- Pastor: In Ferguson Police Crackdown, I Need a Gas Mask More Than My Clerical Collar | Democracy Now! ow.ly/2M4j01 11 hours ago
- SD Police Say Tazing 8-Year-Old Native Girl Was Justified, Family Sues - ICTMN.com ow.ly/2M4iZY 11 hours ago
- Do not harm homosexuals, Archbishop Odama appeals - National - monitor.co.ug ow.ly/2M4cL0 12 hours ago