The very idea that the theory of evolution is responsible for the idea that certain races or groups of people are superior to others is so historically inaccurate that it is almost impossible to believe that anyone today could even make such a claim. As we shall see, however, “God” has been the primary justification for the concept of the superiority of one group over another throughout history, not “Darwinism”. When Christopher Columbus and the Spanish Conquistadores engaged in the conquest of the Americas, they did do so under the direction of the Pope, and their slaughter and subjugation of all natives was justified through Christian theology. When Spanish conquerors came into contact with new groups of people they were required to read an article to them, in Spanish, called the Requerimiento. The Requerimiento stated that all men were descended from Adam and Eve, that the Catholic Church had been granted the right by God to rule all people, and that there was no way to deny the authority of the Pope. Those who resisted would be slaughtered or enslaved.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan newswire of the Aboriginal News Group.
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation and genocide.
- From Cointel-Pro to Gang Injunctions to PRISM & Privatization our HKR Intv w/ Kali Akuno
- The Supreme Court Decided Your Silence Can Be Used Against You – Alexander Abad-Santos – The Atlantic Wire
- ‘A Political Ploy’? The Guardian Editors Swallow US Claims On Syrian WMD | Global Research
- Peace pact with MILF possible in 5 weeks, says gov’t negotiator | Inquirer News
- Professors criticize Obama's speech - OrlandoSentinel.com
- "The Tea Party is a bizarre amalgam of independents, conservatives and libertarians who have..." ow.ly/2xHQkq 8 hours ago
- "The Tea Party is a bizarre amalgam of independents, conservatives and libertarians who have surgically..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAwnh6gRD 12 hours ago
- Photo: rk2012arts: DIRECT FROM THE RK2012ARTS CHANNEL BOOK SHELF “BLACK POW WOW” THE POETRY OF TED JOANS. tmblr.co/Zu0CAwnh0l9l 12 hours ago
- Video: satanic-capitalist: The Crisis of Civilization: A Film for Our Time Wednesday, 29 May 2013 13:59By Dr... tmblr.co/Zu0CAwngyMyT 12 hours ago
- "Without literature, life is hell." - Charles Bukowski (via theselittlewondersstillremain) tmblr.co/Zu0CAwngx7gX 12 hours ago