The very idea that the theory of evolution is responsible for the idea that certain races or groups of people are superior to others is so historically inaccurate that it is almost impossible to believe that anyone today could even make such a claim. As we shall see, however, “God” has been the primary justification for the concept of the superiority of one group over another throughout history, not “Darwinism”. When Christopher Columbus and the Spanish Conquistadores engaged in the conquest of the Americas, they did do so under the direction of the Pope, and their slaughter and subjugation of all natives was justified through Christian theology. When Spanish conquerors came into contact with new groups of people they were required to read an article to them, in Spanish, called the Requerimiento. The Requerimiento stated that all men were descended from Adam and Eve, that the Catholic Church had been granted the right by God to rule all people, and that there was no way to deny the authority of the Pope. Those who resisted would be slaughtered or enslaved.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- #GazaUnderAttack | July 30, 2014 | Israel’s Genocide: 1324 Palestinians Killed – In Photos
- Lavon Affair
- Justice Department orders secrecy for files of anti-Iran advocacy group – Boing Boing
- Germany Will Ban Tech Companies That Play Ball With NSA – No federal contracts will go to companies that turn over data to the NSA or other agencies. There may, however, be one crucial exemption ~ News Forage
- Federal review stalled after finding forensic errors by FBI lab unit spanned two decades – The Washington Post
- Old Time Farm Crime: The Banana Massacre - Modern Farmer ow.ly/2KX986 46 minutes ago
- Israel/Gaza: Attack on UN school in Gaza a potential war crime that must be investigated | Amnesty International ow.ly/2KX982 46 minutes ago
- "Since 2010 the UN has been dodging responsibility for a cholera outbreak that has killed 8,500..." ow.ly/2KX4Yw 57 minutes ago
- "Since 2010 the UN has been dodging responsibility for a cholera outbreak that has killed 8,500..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1MwUck9 1 hour ago
- "Responding to a question of an STV reporter regarding concerns over lack of LGBTI rights in Zambia,..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1MwUXS1 1 hour ago