According to Globo, Google executive Fabio José Silva Coelho has been arrested by federal police in Brazil, after the company refused a judge’s order to remove a controversial political video from YouTube. Judge Flavio Peren ordered Coelho’s arrest for violating Brazil’s election laws, which prohibits attack ads that defame candidates in the lead-up to an election. As Reuters reports, a Google spokesperson says that the company is appealing the decision “because, as a platform, Google is not responsible for the content posted to its site.” We are still waiting for Google to respond to our own inquiry about the arrest, but the company has made similar arguments in the past when confronted with local interpretations of free speech.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- Chomsky favors Scottish independence — Puppet Masters — Sott.net
- Snowden: If you live in New Zealand, you’re being watched — RT News
- Alan Henning: British Muslim leaders unite to urge Isis to release UK hostage – Home News – UK – The Independent
- Ukraine Chief To Meet Obama, Biden, Kerry; Address Atlantic Council
- U.S. Congress Mulls $350 Million In Military Aid To Ukraine
- "For Rubero, finding housing was not as easy. After finding a job, she searched for an apartment but..." ow.ly/2NLAQR 2 hours ago
- "For Rubero, finding housing was not as easy. After finding a job, she searched for an apartment but..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1R86ybT 3 hours ago
- "US economic sanctions against Cuba have cost the island nation $3.9bn in foreign trade over the past..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1R86vEJ 3 hours ago
- "For Galeano and others, the respective plights of Latin Americans and Palestinians are not only linked..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1R86rHG 3 hours ago
- 2014 Gerald and Maas Suppressed News ow.ly/BFiqr 5 hours ago