According to Globo, Google executive Fabio José Silva Coelho has been arrested by federal police in Brazil, after the company refused a judge’s order to remove a controversial political video from YouTube. Judge Flavio Peren ordered Coelho’s arrest for violating Brazil’s election laws, which prohibits attack ads that defame candidates in the lead-up to an election. As Reuters reports, a Google spokesperson says that the company is appealing the decision “because, as a platform, Google is not responsible for the content posted to its site.” We are still waiting for Google to respond to our own inquiry about the arrest, but the company has made similar arguments in the past when confronted with local interpretations of free speech.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- Henry Kissinger: To settle the Ukraine crisis, start at the end – The Washington Post
- You Know Who Else Collected Metadata? The Stasi. – ProPublica
- Print Friendly: Kerry’s threats vs Russia unacceptable, West sides with neo-Nazis –Russian FM
- Организация Объединённых Наций: Помогите искоренить профашистских террористов захвативших власть в Украине.
- Slough antifascist demo, 01.02.2014 (Photos)
- "March 3, 2014 Ukraine: with the takeover by the Ukraine’s (U.S. supported) extreme right..." ow.ly/2EwsFp 4 hours ago
- 2014 Gerald and Maas Suppressed News: March 3, 2014 #Ukraine: ow.ly/2Ewjh4 7 hours ago
- I CARE - - RABBI DESCRIBES ATTACK ON KIEV'S CENTRAL SYNAGOGUE AS A 'POGROM' (Ukraine) ow.ly/2Ewjh5 7 hours ago
- "March 3, 2014 Ukraine: with the takeover by the Ukraine’s (U.S. supported) extreme right wing party,..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw19WNPnn 8 hours ago
- "Black people themselves are still mad about being slaves which happened 100 years ago, they refuse..." ow.ly/2EweuE 8 hours ago