Some days before the crackdown on “illegal gatherings” and weapons in Marikana during the strike last month, colleagues and I watched wave after wave of striking mine workers, resolute in their demands and jubilant in their songs that eulogised the man in the green blanket, Amabubhesi. The town had been brought to a standstill as strikers marched back from one of Lonmin’s shafts to Wonderkop. As group after group passed through the town under the watchful eyes of a hefty police contingent, a colleague pointed out that the march was actually an illegal gathering. “If the police really wanted to, they could just arrest all these guys for illegal protests,” he volunteered.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- US Now Admits it is Funding “Occupy Central” in Hong Kong | Global Research
- Cops Distribute Internet Safety Software That s Actually Unsafe Spyware – Hit & Run : Reason.com
- Bizarre GOP Ad Theorizes “Republicans Are People Too”
- The Little-Known Executive Order Behind Our ‘Collect It All’ Spy State
- NYU News : NYU Reacts: ISIS security threat
- 400 Bodies Found in Ukraine Mass Graves Are Evidence of War Crime. Lavrov | Global Research ow.ly/2OvqSr 5 hours ago
- The #Tories knew everything about abuse - Mirror Online ow.ly/CbqMy 5 hours ago
- "As official as it looks, ComputerCOP is actually just spyware, generally bought in bulk from a New..." ow.ly/2Ovluo 6 hours ago
- "As official as it looks, ComputerCOP is actually just spyware, generally bought in bulk from a New..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1S9BaV7 6 hours ago
- APNS Public Radyo | Indigenist Media for Intelligent #Aboriginals ow.ly/Cbo8d Be a Guest: 'aboriginalnewsgroup' via Skype 6 hours ago