NEW YORK — [HuffPo] An unarmed 22-year-old man shot and killed by a New York City police officer during a traffic stop in Queens Thursday morning was a member of the New York Army National Guard, authorities said.Police said Noel Polanco was speeding and driving erratically near LaGuardia Airport just after 5 a.m. when he was pulled over by officers. New York Police Department sources initially told news outlets that as two officers approached the car, Polanco reached under his seat, prompting Detective Hassam Handy to shoot him once in the stomach. Polanco died shortly after being taken to a nearby hospital.No weapons were recovered from the car, but a hand drill was found under the driver’s seat, police said.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- BBC News – Ex-US Navy officer who spied for Soviets dies in prison
- September 1-30, 2014: VIRTUAL ACTION EVENT 4 LEONARD PELTIER’S 70th BIRTHDAY
- This Installation’s Approach Towards Public Surveillance Data? Shred Everything | The Creators Project
- ISIS executions go viral; Nusra attacks Golan | World War 4 Report
- US/NATO: Heirs to the Nazi Germany’s script for Ukraine — Puppet Masters — Sott.net
- If anyone is in the frame of mind to discuss serious issues @ midnight, 4thWorldRadyo will be in the Skype studio 'aboriginalnewsgroup' 1 hour ago
- ""On the afternoon of February 24, 1976 Rodger Amiotte, a mixed blood rancher whose land was in the..." ow.ly/2MHb0D 2 hours ago
- ""On the afternoon of February 24, 1976 Rodger Amiotte, a mixed blood rancher whose land was in the..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1PeNGoE 2 hours ago
- Justice for Anna Mae and Ray ow.ly/AUbyu 2 hours ago
- From COINTELPRO to Snowden, the FBI Burglars Speak Out After 43 Years of Silence (Part 2) | Democracy Now! ow.ly/2MH2ux 5 hours ago