“People involved in public protest should use social media to their strengths, like getting their message across. But they should not use them for things like discussing tactics. They might as well be having a tactical meeting with their opponents sitting in and listening.”For example, if antifascist organisers were discussing their plans on social media, they can assume that a fascist organisation will be watching. Social media sites are the last place you want to post something like that,” he said.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan newswire of the Aboriginal News Group.
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation and genocide.
- A major milestone: my 25th birthday!
- MADDOW: Fair Game to DISCLOSE NAMES of Republicans WHO LIED to ABC News – Democratic Underground
- Israeli official: Syria’s Bashar Assad preferable to Islamist takeover – Israel News | Haaretz Daily Newspaper
- Cultural Extinctions - Death Of Slave Societies
- Who’s Getting Rich off the Prison-Industrial Complex? | VICE United States
- "When racism rears its ugly head on social media, leave it to ‘Black Twitter’ to clap-back and upend..." ow.ly/2wZ5hO 1 hour ago
- Petroleum Coke: The Coal Hiding in the Tar Sands | The Price of Oil ow.ly/2wZ5hN 1 hour ago
- FOUR DIRECTIONS: Visions of a Real American (eBook) ow.ly/laIts (PDF) #Poetry #NDN #indigenous #Poets #Natives #Indigenous 2 hours ago
- "When racism rears its ugly head on social media, leave it to ‘Black Twitter’ to clap-back and upend..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAwlJQ60r 2 hours ago
- "The Puerto Rico-born Del Toro adopts the haunted gaze and staccato dialect of Jimmy Picard, a Blackfoot..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAwlJOhEP 2 hours ago