“The styles that we found are consistent with ones that are as recent as 200 years ago and theres one that may go back 5,000 or 6,000 years,” Coates said. “We don’t know for sure until weve done some carbon dating.”For area First Nations, the find is exciting — but also confirms what they already knew.Okanagan Indian Band Chief Byron Louis says he hopes the discovery will re-write area history to include a time before settlers arrived.”Theres always been this perception that history starts with [Father] Pandosy and comes forward and yet ignores the thousands of years prior to that there was habitation in this area,” Louis said.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- "In 1982, Rand died of cancer brought on by her excessive smoking habit. Although not exactly popular..." ow.ly/2NG5cJ 14 hours ago
- "In 1982, Rand died of cancer brought on by her excessive smoking habit. Although not exactly popular..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1R3UEWi 15 hours ago
- Justice for the Rotherham abuse victims – don’t let the racists divide us! - Searchlight Magazine ow.ly/2NFA4X 16 hours ago
- Obama Declares Perpetual War - Obama Declares Perpetual War: c4ss: President Barac... ow.ly/2NFyIr 16 hours ago
- Indiĝenaj Inteligenteco: A Fourth World Intelligence Newsblog ow.ly/BCCTz 17 hours ago