“The styles that we found are consistent with ones that are as recent as 200 years ago and theres one that may go back 5,000 or 6,000 years,” Coates said. “We don’t know for sure until weve done some carbon dating.”For area First Nations, the find is exciting — but also confirms what they already knew.Okanagan Indian Band Chief Byron Louis says he hopes the discovery will re-write area history to include a time before settlers arrived.”Theres always been this perception that history starts with [Father] Pandosy and comes forward and yet ignores the thousands of years prior to that there was habitation in this area,” Louis said.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- US Now Admits it is Funding “Occupy Central” in Hong Kong | Global Research
- Cops Distribute Internet Safety Software That s Actually Unsafe Spyware – Hit & Run : Reason.com
- Bizarre GOP Ad Theorizes “Republicans Are People Too”
- The Little-Known Executive Order Behind Our ‘Collect It All’ Spy State
- NYU News : NYU Reacts: ISIS security threat
- 400 Bodies Found in Ukraine Mass Graves Are Evidence of War Crime. Lavrov | Global Research ow.ly/2OvqSr 1 hour ago
- The #Tories knew everything about abuse - Mirror Online ow.ly/CbqMy 1 hour ago
- "As official as it looks, ComputerCOP is actually just spyware, generally bought in bulk from a New..." ow.ly/2Ovluo 2 hours ago
- "As official as it looks, ComputerCOP is actually just spyware, generally bought in bulk from a New..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1S9BaV7 2 hours ago
- APNS Public Radyo | Indigenist Media for Intelligent #Aboriginals ow.ly/Cbo8d Be a Guest: 'aboriginalnewsgroup' via Skype 2 hours ago