“The styles that we found are consistent with ones that are as recent as 200 years ago and theres one that may go back 5,000 or 6,000 years,” Coates said. “We don’t know for sure until weve done some carbon dating.”For area First Nations, the find is exciting — but also confirms what they already knew.Okanagan Indian Band Chief Byron Louis says he hopes the discovery will re-write area history to include a time before settlers arrived.”Theres always been this perception that history starts with [Father] Pandosy and comes forward and yet ignores the thousands of years prior to that there was habitation in this area,” Louis said.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- Libye: le gigantesque incendie à Tripoli toujours pas maîtrisé - afrique - RFI ow.ly/2KUiKv 43 minutes ago
- "Israel’s ongoing onslaught in Gaza, which has killed more than 1,200 Palestinians since 7 July,..." ow.ly/2KUa4C 1 hour ago
- 4thWorldRadyo is in Studio! Speak via Skype: 'aboriginalnewsgroup' as we discuss: #GazaUnderAttack and allegations of #Genocide by #Israel 2 hours ago
- 4th World Radyo: The Mismeasures Of Revisionist #Afrocentrism ow.ly/zJim0 / ow.ly/zJim1 #AntiFa #Fascism #Knowledge 2 hours ago
- "Israel’s ongoing onslaught in Gaza, which has killed more than 1,200 Palestinians since 7 July, means..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1Msgg33 2 hours ago