The owners have been granted bail three times already, on September 14, on September 21, and on October 1: catastrophic kicks in the stomach to efforts of trade unions, labor rights activists and factory workers, and families of victims to hold the owners responsible for atrocious conditions that led to the fires, and properly mourn the deaths of their friends, coworkers and family. So today workers and family members are out in numbers, bearing pictures of the dead and signs demanding justice. They are making sure that this does not happen again. Already in the early morning there is a small victory: all major news channels have broken the news about the demonstration outside of the courthouse.The proceedings begin. The District Judge Abdullah Channa is listening to arguments presenting evidence that the factory gates were closed on orders of the owners and the general manager after the fire broke out. At the very least this amounts to unpardonable criminal negligence. Already at 10am the proceeding ends, but District Judge Channa withholds his judgment.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- Article: CIA Interfered With Senate Committee, May Have Violated Constitution | OpEdNews
- US to violate own laws by financially aiding Ukraine’s coup-installed govt – Moscow — RT News
- CIA accused of spying on Congress over torture report — RT USA
- National inventory of hate groups ranks Texas near top, with 8 in Houston – Houston Chronicle
- British convict says he met Bin Laden ‘20 to 50 times’ | GulfNews.com
- "The government paid religious societies to provide education to Native American children on..." ow.ly/2ED4Ky 4 hours ago
- "The government paid religious societies to provide education to Native American children on..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw19twT1a 6 hours ago
- "Operation Mockingbird was a secret campaign by the United States Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) to..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw19tkSp- 7 hours ago
- Election 2012: Witnessing the Ron Paul Campaign Humanise the Face of White Supremacist Politics : ow.ly/uurGA 7 hours ago
- Video: Documentary - Lockerbie Bombing (by The Dean) — Lockerbie bombing ‘was work of Iran, not Libya’ says... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw19tUEI3 7 hours ago