The owners have been granted bail three times already, on September 14, on September 21, and on October 1: catastrophic kicks in the stomach to efforts of trade unions, labor rights activists and factory workers, and families of victims to hold the owners responsible for atrocious conditions that led to the fires, and properly mourn the deaths of their friends, coworkers and family. So today workers and family members are out in numbers, bearing pictures of the dead and signs demanding justice. They are making sure that this does not happen again. Already in the early morning there is a small victory: all major news channels have broken the news about the demonstration outside of the courthouse.The proceedings begin. The District Judge Abdullah Channa is listening to arguments presenting evidence that the factory gates were closed on orders of the owners and the general manager after the fire broke out. At the very least this amounts to unpardonable criminal negligence. Already at 10am the proceeding ends, but District Judge Channa withholds his judgment.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan newswire of the Aboriginal News Group.
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation and genocide.
- Joyner: Timothy McVeigh Was ‘Left-Wing’; Media Number One Terrorist Organization In The World | Right Wing Watch
- Report into Operation Eight finds Police acted unlawfully | Scoop News
- Federal Appeals Court: Drug Sentencing Disparity Is Intentional Racial ‘Subjugation’ | ThinkProgress
- suicide rate increases in Greece
- Ex-AIPAC Lobbyist Now Taxpayer Funded "Anti-Semitism Envoy" at State Department!
- Nobel Laureate Rigoberta Menchú Hails Genocide Conviction of Ex-Guatemalan Dictator Ríos Montt | Democracy Now! ow.ly/2x3B84 1 hour ago
- "In my list of the 10 worst things about DSM-5, its decision to confuse normal grief with clinical..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAwlXoACd 1 hour ago
- "I mean, here are a group of people who are admittedly racist, who are overtly political, who tried..." ow.ly/2x3tfj 1 hour ago
- Ralph Schoenman: The Hidden History of Zionism (1988) ow.ly/lguAZ 1 hour ago
- Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) ow.ly/lguA7 1 hour ago