The owners have been granted bail three times already, on September 14, on September 21, and on October 1: catastrophic kicks in the stomach to efforts of trade unions, labor rights activists and factory workers, and families of victims to hold the owners responsible for atrocious conditions that led to the fires, and properly mourn the deaths of their friends, coworkers and family. So today workers and family members are out in numbers, bearing pictures of the dead and signs demanding justice. They are making sure that this does not happen again. Already in the early morning there is a small victory: all major news channels have broken the news about the demonstration outside of the courthouse.The proceedings begin. The District Judge Abdullah Channa is listening to arguments presenting evidence that the factory gates were closed on orders of the owners and the general manager after the fire broke out. At the very least this amounts to unpardonable criminal negligence. Already at 10am the proceeding ends, but District Judge Channa withholds his judgment.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- #GazaUnderAttack | July 30, 2014 | Israel’s Genocide: 1324 Palestinians Killed – In Photos
- Lavon Affair
- Justice Department orders secrecy for files of anti-Iran advocacy group – Boing Boing
- Germany Will Ban Tech Companies That Play Ball With NSA – No federal contracts will go to companies that turn over data to the NSA or other agencies. There may, however, be one crucial exemption ~ News Forage
- Federal review stalled after finding forensic errors by FBI lab unit spanned two decades – The Washington Post
- Israel's UN Ambassador Calls for 'Immediate' Suspension of UNRWA Spokesman Chris Guness | Jewish & Israel News Alg... ow.ly/2KYP3R 4 hours ago
- "If you don’t get murdered by an Israeli missile, you will live your entire life with monstrous..." ow.ly/2KYNOL 4 hours ago
- "If you don’t get murdered by an Israeli missile, you will live your entire life with monstrous..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1MzYLde 5 hours ago
- First Nation slams coverup of mercury poisoning report -The Common Sense CanadianThe Common Sense Canadian ow.ly/2KYJak 5 hours ago
- In a four-page joint letter, addressed to Premier Denis... - In a four-page joint letter, addressed to Premier D... ow.ly/2KYGY1 5 hours ago