The owners have been granted bail three times already, on September 14, on September 21, and on October 1: catastrophic kicks in the stomach to efforts of trade unions, labor rights activists and factory workers, and families of victims to hold the owners responsible for atrocious conditions that led to the fires, and properly mourn the deaths of their friends, coworkers and family. So today workers and family members are out in numbers, bearing pictures of the dead and signs demanding justice. They are making sure that this does not happen again. Already in the early morning there is a small victory: all major news channels have broken the news about the demonstration outside of the courthouse.The proceedings begin. The District Judge Abdullah Channa is listening to arguments presenting evidence that the factory gates were closed on orders of the owners and the general manager after the fire broke out. At the very least this amounts to unpardonable criminal negligence. Already at 10am the proceeding ends, but District Judge Channa withholds his judgment.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Defense stocks up big as ISIS crisis escalates – Sep. 22, 2014
- Caught on Tape: The Increasingly Strange and Worrisome Case of the White House Fence Jumper
- Do We Really Want Cops With Body Cameras Filming Everything They See? | Internationalist Prison Books Collective
- Suspicions Run Deep in Iraq and Elsewhere That C.I.A. and the Islamic State Are United | CLG News
- Article: Important victory in case of Ray McGovern’s brutal arrest | OpEdNews
- #Blackface! - The #History of #Racist #Blackface #Stereotypes ow.ly/BQw0K 23 minutes ago
- #Yellowface! - The #History of #Racist #Asian #Stereotypes ow.ly/BQv9z 33 minutes ago
- #EuroSettler #JohnHoward: there was no #genocide against #IndigenousAustralians | World news | theguardian.com ow.ly/BQv39 34 minutes ago
- #Brownface! - The #History of #Racist #Latino / #Hispanic #Stereotypes ow.ly/BQuZe 35 minutes ago
- Obesity: Africa’s new crisis | Society | The Observer ow.ly/2O1fBN 1 hour ago