Between October 7th and 10th, 2012, with the start of the West Banks annual olive harvest, BTselem has documented five cases of injury to Palestinian farmers and their olive trees in the Ramallah and Nablus regions. In two incidents, settlers attacked farmers picking olives and damaged their yields. In three other cases, olive trees were discovered damaged or with the olives stolen, apparently by settlers. The direct attacks documented by BTselem occurred while members of the security forces were present. All the locations where damage to trees was discovered are familiar to the security forces as areas where Palestinians are subject to repeated harassment by settlers.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- 4thWorldRadyo: AmerIndians & Africans Navigating The Orwellian Zone: ow.ly/CbeFQ / ow.ly/CbeFR 50 minutes ago
- Kissinger pushed for Cuba invasion in 1970s - RTe News ow.ly/2OuG1P 3 hours ago
- Activists seek to rebrand Israel as 'JSIL' - stream.aljazeera.com ow.ly/2OuG1O 3 hours ago
- 4thWorldRadyo is in the Studio! Speak via Skype: 'aboriginalnewsgroup' as we discuss: #Ferguson & #RacistTrolling in #Social Media 5 hours ago
- Feds wind up major prosecution of American Indian gang | Star Tribune ow.ly/CazV6 5 hours ago