Speaking in Tokyo at the annual IMF/World Bank meetings, IMF managing director Christine Lagarde said, “What we have observed is that when many countries at the same time adopt the same austerity measures, it creates a bigger and deeper impact on growth.”Sometimes its better to “go a little bit more slowly” in implementing the measures, and countries should “let the automatic stabilizers operate,” Lagarde stated.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan newswire of the Aboriginal News Group.
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation and genocide.
- Juan Cole: Revenge of the Bear: Russia Strikes Back in Syria – Juan Cole’s Columns – Truthdig
- How the Government Targeted Occupy – In These Times
- Dow Jones: Toll Rises to 17 in Indonesia's Worst Mine Disaster, 11 Missing; Unions Demand Shutdown Continue
- Digital strongboxes won’t solve whistleblower problem for journalists – CSO Online – Security and Risk
- Oklahoma Tornado Fallout: The Sequester Cut Disaster Assistance and Weather Warning Funds – Matt Vasilogambros – The Atlantic
- 10 countries where people fear for their safety - Slide Show - MarketWatch ow.ly/2x39sr 1 hour ago
- British Institute of International and Comparative Law - Events - View Event ow.ly/2x39ss 1 hour ago
- "Yahoo believes it could help Tumblr bring in more money by selling ads—boosting its own revenue in the..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAwlWC8tn 1 hour ago
- "By Rady Ananda Food Freedom Early Sunday morning, French police stood helpless as sixty people, locked..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAwlW9Ci7 2 hours ago
- "According to the UCPD press release of March 3, the two officers involved said Smith fled on foot from..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAwlW7lle 2 hours ago