Speaking in Tokyo at the annual IMF/World Bank meetings, IMF managing director Christine Lagarde said, “What we have observed is that when many countries at the same time adopt the same austerity measures, it creates a bigger and deeper impact on growth.”Sometimes its better to “go a little bit more slowly” in implementing the measures, and countries should “let the automatic stabilizers operate,” Lagarde stated.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- US media blacks out Seymour Hersh exposé of Washington’s lies on sarin attack in Syria – World Socialist Web Site
- Gitmo media blackout hopes to undermine hunger strikers | Al Jazeera America
- Rise of The ‘Angry White Male’: Desperate & Insecure Whites See Years of Unfettered Privilege Slipping Away | PoliticalArticles.NET
- Let us spy: NSA chief pleads with Senate to keep surveillance programs — RT USA
- Beijing bans ‘sensitive topics’ during Mandela funeral coverage | South China Morning Post
- foreverclassicmag: Freedom Fighter - Mandela - fighting rights... ow.ly/2C3Ck5 8 hours ago
- Photo: foreverclassicmag: Freedom Fighter - Mandela - fighting rights in and outside the ring. tmblr.co/Zu0CAw10_9dpo 11 hours ago
- Photo: nowyoukno: Now You Know tmblr.co/Zu0CAw10z-lsT 11 hours ago
- "Before making the decision, justices G S Singhvi and S J Mukhopadhaya heard the appeals of..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw10z-b_y 11 hours ago
- Photo: medievalpoc: Anonymous (Great Britain) The Postillion England (1730) Oil on Canvas, 73.5 x 62.5 cm.... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw10z-NLT 12 hours ago