All four officers pleaded not guilty during their first appearance in court Tuesday.Officer Michael Vagnini, 34, an eight-year veteran, was responsible for the most egregious misconduct, prosecutors said, and he faces the most serious charges, including second-degree sexual assault.Vagnini faces 25 counts over allegations that he repeatedly broke the law by rectally probing suspects after traffic stops, at times without using protective gloves, while searching for drugs. Wisconsin state law mandates that only trained medical personnel can perform body cavity searches on criminal suspects. Vagnini also allegedly forced suspects to strip naked after their arrest without authorization.The other officers charged in the complaint allegedly assisted Vagnini in the illegal searches and failed to intervene or report the misconduct. In one alleged incident, one officer placed a suspect in a choke hold, while another held a gun to the suspects head, as Vagnini conducted an unauthorized rectal search on a public street.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- Waiting for Goodlatte | TheHill
- Inside the FBI’s secret relationship with the military’s special operations – The Washington Post
- Surveillance is the Business Model of the Internet: Bruce Schneier | SecurityWeek.Com
- Inside the FBI’s secret relationship with US elite assassination team, JSOC | Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Fourth World Radyo: Talking Papua Merdeka! With Ronny Kareni and AKRockefeller | APNS Public Radyo
- Putin to US: It’s bad to read other people’s letters... - Putin to US: It’s bad to read ... ow.ly/2FAAyn 1 week ago
- "Flaherty was part of Mike Harris’ government in Ontario, whose cuts to water inspection services led..." ow.ly/2FAv3s 1 week ago
- International Coalition Supports El Salvador in Battle Against Canadian Mining Company | MiningWatch ow.ly/2FAxMV 1 week ago
- Video: Putin to US: It’s bad to read other people’s letters (by RT) — Europe should switch from promises to... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1Clx8yA 1 week ago
- 4thWorldRadyo: Deconstructing Popular Activism & Absolutism Within The New Left : (04.03.2014) ow.ly/vHtEQ #CancelColbert 1 week ago