Source: The GuardianCatalonia in north-east Spain will issue a challenge to Brussels when its voters are asked to declare whether they want an independent state within the EU.Regional leader Artur Mas said on Monday he planned to ask the question, including the reference to the EU, during a four-year term that starts after regional elections on 25 November – even though Spain’s prime minister, Mariano Rajoy, has threatened to block a referendum.A yes vote in the referendum would not just create a constitutional crisis for Spain, which has no mechanism for allowing the independence of one of its regions, but would also issue a clear challenge to the EU, which has no system for the breakup of a member state. A new entity could have future membership blocked by just one member country.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Islamic State militants now world’s richest – Yahoo News
- Citizenfour’s Escape to Freedom in Russia | Consortiumnews
- Saudi extremist funding ‘has been stopped completely,’ claims Prince Alwaleed
- Loyalists planned killings before and after ceasefire – Irish Republican News – Sat, Oct 18, 2014
- MH-17: THE UNTOLD STORY
- The “First CD-ROM”, Phaistos Disc, Stores Prayer to Mother - The “First CD-ROM”, Phaistos Disc, Stores Prayer to M... ow.ly/2PzCbS 5 minutes ago
- The “First CD-ROM”, Phaistos Disc, Stores Prayer to Mother - archaeologicalnews: The first ever CD-ROM, the... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1Tsbmvr 21 minutes ago
- Felicia Day's public details put online after she described Gamergate fears - animatedamerican: bigangry:... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1Tsbdnn 21 minutes ago
- Photo: chirikli: muslimwomeninhistory: via Mehreen Kasana woww people are disgusting tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1TsbaPw 21 minutes ago
- Photo: globalvoices: Kurmanjan Datka, a rare female ruler in Kyrgyz history, turned a blind eye to her... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1TsahDc 25 minutes ago