Source: The GuardianCatalonia in north-east Spain will issue a challenge to Brussels when its voters are asked to declare whether they want an independent state within the EU.Regional leader Artur Mas said on Monday he planned to ask the question, including the reference to the EU, during a four-year term that starts after regional elections on 25 November – even though Spain’s prime minister, Mariano Rajoy, has threatened to block a referendum.A yes vote in the referendum would not just create a constitutional crisis for Spain, which has no mechanism for allowing the independence of one of its regions, but would also issue a clear challenge to the EU, which has no system for the breakup of a member state. A new entity could have future membership blocked by just one member country.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- RT @BobKincaid: .@TheHORN We begin this new week $50 behind in fundraising for the month, and with Shirley's Wisconsin Challenge on the tab… 1 hour ago
- Thanks-Taking and the Progressive Stupidity of the Political Left ow.ly/rBDph 1 hour ago
- "During the robbery Geldrich struck the male victim (later identified as Payne) with a table leg,..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw10lMOkz 3 hours ago
- "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was restored amidst a highly contentious racial..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw10k-RZd 4 hours ago
- APNS Public Radyo | Indigenist Media for Intelligent Aboriginals ow.ly/rBbxN 5 hours ago