Source: The GuardianCatalonia in north-east Spain will issue a challenge to Brussels when its voters are asked to declare whether they want an independent state within the EU.Regional leader Artur Mas said on Monday he planned to ask the question, including the reference to the EU, during a four-year term that starts after regional elections on 25 November – even though Spain’s prime minister, Mariano Rajoy, has threatened to block a referendum.A yes vote in the referendum would not just create a constitutional crisis for Spain, which has no mechanism for allowing the independence of one of its regions, but would also issue a clear challenge to the EU, which has no system for the breakup of a member state. A new entity could have future membership blocked by just one member country.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- DCI-Palestine mourns the loss of Hashem Abu Maria, colleague and friend, killed by Israeli forces | Defence for Children International Palestine
- Islamic State claims ambush and killing of at least 50 Syrian soldiers near northern city of Raqqa – ABC News Australian Broadcasting Corporation
- Article: Ukraine – MH17 like Shoot Down Predicted a Month Ago plus Russian Defense Chief in English | OpEdNews
- Gaza: a war for oil? | World War 4 Report
- New cartoons & graphic from Malcolm Evans
- Iraqi Christians flee Mosul after ISIS Islamists demand conversion or protection tax | End the Lie – Independe... ow.ly/2KJ4w2 9 hours ago
- "These sites are not only for Shiite Muslims or non-Muslims. Most of them are sacred places for Sunni..." ow.ly/2KJ3l6 9 hours ago
- APNS Novaĵagentejo - The Indigenist Newswire ow.ly/zBrJW 10 hours ago
- "These sites are not only for Shiite Muslims or non-Muslims. Most of them are sacred places for Sunni..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1MWDmfw 10 hours ago
- The Mismeasures of Radical #Afrocentrism: Indigenist Thoughts on #African #Fascism ow.ly/zBq5P / ow.ly/zBq7W #AntiFa 11 hours ago