U.S. and UK weapons ammunition are linked to heart defects, brain dysfunctions and malformed limbs, according to a recent study.The report revealed a shocking rise in birth defects in Iraqi children conceived after the U.S. invasion.Titled ‘Metal Contamination and the Epidemic of Congenital Birth Defects in Iraqi Cities,’ the study was published by the Bulletin of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology. It revealed a connection between military activity in the country and increased numbers of birth defects, miscarriages and high levels of lead and mercury contamination.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- Oil and gas pollution committee quietly silenced - Oil and gas pollution committee quietly silenced : resi... ow.ly/2NBqrC 19 minutes ago
- Oil and gas pollution committee quietly silenced - resistkxl: Environment Canada appears to have ended key... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1Q_RAoI 23 minutes ago
- "I’ve just had a baby, I’ve just been appointed [to replace Hillary Clinton in the Senate], I have a..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1Q_C3Gp 1 hour ago
- Photo: africandiasporaphd: Image Reference NW0325 Source Library of Congress, Prints and Photographs... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1Q_BziF 1 hour ago
- The black Victorians: astonishing portraits unseen for 120 years | Art and design | theguardian.com ow.ly/2NB66d 2 hours ago